Legalize MMA in Every State

Scout200

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The UFC is continuing the push with legalizing the MMA in every state (especially NY), which has been an ongoing struggle.. Recently, (3/24/11) West Virginia became the 45th U.S. state to regulate the MMA! When do you think this battle will end and every state will accept the MMA?

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I had no idea MMA wasn't legal in every state. I find that very odd. I'm sure it wont be that long before the other states get on the bandwagon.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why is MMA illegal in some states? Does that go for boxing too?

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
Why is MMA illegal in some states? Does that go for boxing too?

I believe boxing is legal in every state. Which is odd, since boxing is more dangerous in the long run than MMA. Of course, legislatures legislate on things they know nothing about all the time. Just like the fight they had with MMA over gloves.

OP
Scout200

Scout200

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I believe boxing is legal in every state. Which is odd, since boxing is more dangerous in the long run than MMA. Of course, legislatures legislate on things they know nothing about all the time. Just like the fight they had with MMA over gloves.

Very true!! Well the five states left are Connecticut, New York, Vermont, Wyoming, and Alaska. Every time it seems like we're a step closer in New York, we take two steps back.

Latest Discussions