Lee System of Physical Culture (TaiChi)

Dragonboy

White Belt
Reaction score
I came across an advert in the Irish Fighter magazine. It's the most recent one (Issue 2 -2012).

Says:

Lee Famly System of Chinese Physical Culture (and a logo for the International Taoist Society).

for Fitness|Health|Self Defense

Classes in Dublin City centre. and a contact number: (01) 855 7699

My question is, does anyone know people who trains in this system?
See here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee-style_t'ai_chi_ch'uan
And there other links online of its purported lineage/roots.
Originally when I saw the ad I thought it might have something to do with the southern family/Shaolin derived Lee-Ka Kuen. But guess I was wrong. I really want to know if there are people out there still practicing the Lee family style, or is it just something found in remnants in Choy Li Fut, Fut (Buddha)-gar and Bak Mei in a basic form?

My father (he practiced Bak Mei in his youth) once said to me a lot of the Lees start with their family style before progressing to another style like Bak Mei. Lee-gar was good for street fighting, but not so much good as kung fu. I think he meant it wasn't really much good to be used against another trained kung fu practitioner, but good in civil defense against the common ruffian.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I do not see anything online that says International Taoist society. I do get International Taoist Tai chi society which is well...:boing1:

Best thing to do is call and ask them. The Lee style isn't as popular as the other family styles and if it were me going to someone claiming it I would really do my research on it because it is a little obscure than say Yang or Chen.

Latest Discussions