Least favorite Technique

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you can please tell us about your least favorite tech. at each belt level and why it is your least favorite?

I also relize that we have so many different style on this forum so also include the style and the way the tech. is suppose to be done?

Terry

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Silat sometimes involves a lot of VERY low stances. There was a form that involved pretty much doing a horse stance with your legs making a 90 degree angle...that was far from fun to demonstrate over and over again.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
to do or to have done on me, cause the answers will be different :)

Sorry andrew to do in the dojang.
Terry

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Art: TKD
When I was a blue belt it was(and still is) the spin whip kick. I am a brown belt now and I have trouble executing this kick. I wouldnt use it for the life of me right now because i suck at it.

I go to google video and watch clips of Micah brock and realize mine will never look like his and I get pissed off.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
when I was a white belt in TSD, it was the back kick (I don't know why, but it was). Now it's the jump back thrust kick in TKD. I just can't seem to get it. My boyfriend can do it beautifully .... gggrrrrr. But I got him on the 360 roundhouse. He hates that one hehehehehe

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My least favorite was always the stand and repeat countless times drills. For example the 1000 punch's from Horsestance. That and the marching drills. We all know then, Straight punchs "1, 2, 3, etc."

Always felt that if I wanted to stand and repeat I could do that at home where there where no partners, now that there was I figured we should be taking advantage of that.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
anything that involves coming up from a horse stance into a crane stance.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
mantis said:
anything that involves coming up from a horse stance into a crane stance.

That is good pain...

My least favorite technique has got to be San Bal Ahp Cha Gi. Jump Split Front Kick. I can do it just fine, but landing it sends shoot pain into my lower back. Not good.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
That is good pain...

pain is alright.. but it takes me like 7 minutes to go from horse stance up to something else!

Slihn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The downward Thai-style round kick.It is a very powerful attack,but for some reason every time that I do it,I just end up hurting my foot.

JitsuAddict

White Belt
Reaction score
Art: Aiki Ju Jutsu
Technque: Tomoe Nage, we don't practice this technique very often, so many do not have the experoence needed with this technique. i am tall too, so i often get kicked in the boys as they try to throw me over. very painful :(

Latest Discussions