Learning the Rope dart

boricuatkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
All right, after watching someone do a demo with a rope dart I thought it would be something cool and new for me to learn. Well, this weekend, I finally got the nerve to make the attempt to try to learn this new weapon. I went to our supplier and picked one up. She had no videos and only one book that gave instruction on how to manipulate this weapon. I was a little bummed out because I am a very visual learner and learn best by having someone model for me. Well she tells me that a mutual friend of ours actually knows how and that he could probably help. It so happens that our mutual friend stopped by the dojang on Thursday and he tells me that is the one weapon he didn't learn from his master. :rolleyes:
Ok so I am back at square one. My question is -does anyone know of anywhere where I can find a good book or video that can give me basic instruction on movements with the rope dart. The book I picked up is hard to follow and the illustration are not very clear. As far as throwing and retreiving I am pretty comfortable with. I just need something that will give me applications and techniques.
I can't turn to my hubbie on this either because its the one weapon he didn't learn also. :idunno:

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
try some of david german's videos. i don't know if century has one in stock these days or not, but i've seen him use one and he makes videos the way i write emails, so it's worth a shot.

sorry this isn't more helpful, but maybe it's a place to start.