Law of Fist characters

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can find the oriental characters for Law of the Fist. I found one but it wasn't very good.
Thanxs

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
These are the ones that I used as a start basis for the menu on our website (kemporyu.co.uk) although I photoshopped them to death to get them looking nice in the menu:

kem (fist):

Attachments

• $kk_1_kenkempo.gif
    $kk_1_kenkempo.gif
    523 bytes · Views: 250
OP
Maltair

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Perfect. I'm making a belt rack and wanted to add the characters to the top.
Thanxs

kenmpoka

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maltair
So are these Japanese or Chinese?
Both, though the third character has been replaced by Japanese to
denote "empty" as oppose to "Tang" or "chinese". So, Law (way) of the fist and the Chinese hand or, Law (way) of the fist and the empty hand.

Salute,

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by kenmpoka
Both, though the third character has been replaced by Japanese to
denote "empty" as oppose to "Tang" or "chinese". So, Law (way) of the fist and the Chinese hand or, Law (way) of the fist and the empty hand.

Salute,

If you're referring to the ones that I put down the menu then yeah, it's says 'empty hand' rather than 'China hand' because try as I might, I couldn't find the kanji for 'China' that was in the same graphic set as the other 7 unfortunately. It's not incorrect I don't think, but annoying that it is a difference to the original kenpo crest kanki which is what I was trying to copy.

Having said that, most people seem to think that each one lines up with the section, so I keep getting asked 'is that really chinese for articles?' etc., maybe I made it too complicated :)

:asian:

Ian.

kenmpoka

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by satans.barber
If you're referring to the ones that I put down the menu then yeah, it's says 'empty hand' rather than 'China hand' because try as I might, I couldn't find the kanji for 'China' that was in the same graphic set as the other 7 unfortunately. It's not incorrect I don't think, but annoying that it is a difference to the original kenpo crest kanki which is what I was trying to copy.

Having said that, most people seem to think that each one lines up with the section, so I keep getting asked 'is that really chinese for articles?' etc., maybe I made it too complicated :)

:asian:

Ian.
I was just refering to the characters posted by Mr. Billings.

Salute,

Latest Discussions