Lack of interviews

J

JDenz

Has anyone else noticed the lack of interviews with MMA guys. In the old days they would get interviews with all the players almost monthly now a days you are lucky to see an interview of the guys that are fighing in the next event. I am disapointed in the MMA coverage in the last two or three years.

OP
E

Elfan

Well as MMA has matured it takes more to make someone a big name, and thus someone a lote of people would want to see interviewed. With all the weightclasses in the UFC for example, even being champoin in your division isn't enough to make you "big name."

OP
J

JDenz

I see what you are saying but no one is getting interviwed that is the problem.

OP
J

J-kid

Well i dont think UFC is going the right way about promoting itself and if it keeps acting the WWE. Alot of fans will be moving on to another sport.

OP
J

JDenz

Actully UFC has been doing alot better in the money department as of late.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The interviews are great, but concidering you're paying $30 for an event on PPV, I want to see fighting, not talking. Not saying that they shold not interview, but keep it to a minimum. Why should someone pay money to listen to people talk? Save the majority of the interviews for the magazines.

MJS

OP
E

Elfan

I believe JDenz is referring to interviews my magazines, websites, radio shows, etc. Not during the PPV events.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grappling magazine, which focuses strictly on NHB events, is filled with interviews.

Mike

OP
J

JDenz

Yes i was definitly not referring to the events themselves. But the online interviews and the magizenes have sucked latley.

OP
J

JDenz

Ya back in the day Sherdog and ADCC and MMA Underground would have 2-3 good interviews a week. There is nothing like there used to be.