Kung Fu killers

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am watching this mini series and it seems pretty well done, David Carridene is doing agreat job as always. What does anybody else think about it. Monday is the second part, I am hoping they will reshow it so I can tape it. By the way it is on Spike TV

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Huh? I didn't hear about this. What is it? A new miniseries of the old Kung Fu show? When is it on?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I caught a little of Hero which was two hours before it but could not watch it. Glad you liked it Terry and maybe I will catch the second half.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Huh? I didn't hear about this. What is it? A new miniseries of the old Kung Fu show? When is it on?

There was a news story on it that caught my eye, so I taped it! It sounded to me like David Carradine was unable to play the Kung Fu series character for legal reasons and this was the next best thing.

Set in late 1920s in China, before Communist rule, "Kung Fu Killer" tells the story of White Crane (Carradine), an orphaned son of Western missionaries who was raised as a Wudang monk to become a spiritual leader and master in martial arts, and his ultimate journey for revenge and justice.

It's showing on Spike.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
The comercials made it look kinda corny, so I didn't bother with it. But, if you guys think it's pretty cool, I'll at least check it out.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I caught bits of it last night. I thought Carradine's performance as "Crane" was more compelling than his portrayal of Kwai Chang Caine's grandson in the 1990s spin-off of the original series. The White Crane character has a darker side and is motivated by revenge. Also, Carradine's character in this film doesn't attempt the flashier moves shown in KF:TLC -- which relied heavily on stunt doubles.

The guy who plays Crane's protege has some great fight scenes, and hopefully we'll see more of him in part two.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I saw the add, I saw the "coming next" and I shut off the TV

I just can't get into anything David Carradine ever since the stuff I read about the filming of Lone Wolf McQuade and then to top that off someone showed me his Taiji DVD. Ever since I just can't watch David Carradine unless it is a rerun of the original Kung Fu

BrianF

White Belt
Reaction score
I was not that impressed. Carridine over acts and the story line was not believable.

I did watch both parts. Maybe if I watch them again, I may soften my opinions, as I did with Kung Fu Hustle, which I now like.

BrianF

Latest Discussions