Kung Fu die?

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
20 years ago, the number engaged in kung fu in Europe has been in the tens of times more than at present.
In China, kungfu also going through hard times. A was created system of Sanda
The problem is that instructors can not teach people to effectively protect themselves from aggressive people.
The problem lies in hits of Kungfu. Instructors stupidly did not understand the difference between a hit with his fist and push with his fist.
As a result, Kungfu becomes distorted and inefficient.
In this video (sorry for my english) I tried to tell and show what should be kungfu to actually be effective in any situation!
Explain to technical, psychological and sacred moments.

Important!!! before you tell me that I do not nothing understand, say themselves what is the difference between a punch and a quick push his fist !!!.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
tortillacat_zps181bdf78.jpg

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
what is the difference between a punch and a quick push his fist !!!.
The "捅(Tong) - striking push" is used to break away a tight clinch. It's not used to hurt your opponent. When your opponent has a tight clinch on you, if you use your left fist to "strike push" on his left shoulder while pulling your right shoulder back, since your arm length plus your shoulder width is longer than his arm length, you will be able to break a clinch no matter how strongly that your opponent is holding on you.

[

Last edited:
OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It's not used to hurt your opponen
Yes! if we used palm will not hurt, but if old man at your video will use fist - whats will happen?
But techniques will be identically

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The old man was using his fist.
ou... yes! But pushing we can perform to several ways:
1. our hands lie at body opponent, and then push
2. our hands are in front of the our body, and then push
3. our hands are in sides of the our body, and then push

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is a common issue with striking past the target. You sort of do and you don't.
And it is this tiny timing difference.

So a push will use the momentum of the punch to force a guy backwards and a punch will use the momentum to do damage.

Normally you can see this when someone is trying to punch hard. They will push instead. This wastes a lot of energy and does not do the damage it might have otherwise.

For me. (and this is still not a great explanation) i fire the punch off as fast as i can as early as i can and then stiffen my body so the target just pings off the punch. Rather than trying to walk thtough the target with my fist.

My arm really shouldn't continue to straighten after the impact.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When I met the old man in my clip (my teacher's young brother) the first time, he demonstrated a punch for me. When his punch almost hit my chest, he pulled his punch back so fast that created a vacuum between my chest and his fist, my shirt was sucked by his punch and moved away from my body. That was the only experience that I had for a fast pulling back punch in my life. IMO, if that punch hit my head, it could cause a quick "shaking" of my head and mess up my brain inside. Since that day, I no longer train my solo punching drill and freeze my punching arm in the thin air any more. How fast that I punch out will be how fast that I'll pull my punch back.

Here is an example that most CMA guys would freeze his punching arm after the punch which is the opposite of what I have just described.

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
When I met the old man in my clip (my teacher's young brother) the first time, he demonstrated a punch for me. When his punch almost hit my chest, he pulled his punch back so fast that created a vacuum between my chest and his fist, my shirt was sucked by his punch and moved away from my body. That was the only experience that I had for a fast pulling back punch in my life. IMO, if that punch hit my head, it could cause a quick "shaking" of my head and mess up my brain inside. Since that day, I no longer train my solo punching drill and freeze my punching arm in the thin air any more. How fast that I punch out will be how fast that I'll pull my punch back.

You do have to give the punch a split second to transfer the force across.

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yes! its REALY PUNCH!! But in Kunf Fu mostly punches other tipe - continue to straighten after the impact.

Punch its only impact! And this mean, that punch of kungfu is not punch! :)

About it I and to tolking!

it's really important, because it changes everything!

In the video I showed you how to do kungfu truly effective.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes! its REALY PUNCH!! But in Kunf Fu mostly punches other tipe - continue to straighten after the impact.

Punch its only impact! And this mean, that punch of kungfu is not punch! :)

About it I and to tolking!

it's really important, because it changes everything!

In the video I showed you how to do kungfu truly effective.

Yeah there is this sort of hairs breath between what is too much and too little.

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yeah there is this sort of hairs breath between what is too much and too little
you mean that is complicated to understanding?

its not true...
when we do hit a push by hand, you need to clearly visualize yourself as far fist should reach.

At punching the visualization is different - it is necessary to hit the target

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Explore the chi energy is not easy. In a several times easier to learn to control the force of inertia and kinetic - Kungfu therefore not viable

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
In this video is trolling kung fu :) and present some methods trening at nature

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In this video is trolling kung fu :) and present some methods trening at nature
Time for me to find some trees like that. There's a technique that I want to train but I can't train it on a partner and I think a flexible tree like those may work for training the technique.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Time for me to find some trees like that. There's a technique that I want to train but I can't train it on a partner and I think a flexible tree like those may work for training the technique.
To kick on a small tree is always part of my daily training. Does Kung Fu die? I don't think so.

Those trees are no longer there. The whole park has been converted into a shopping mall (Domain in Austin, Tx).

domain.jpg

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To kick on a small tree is always part of my daily training. Does Kung Fu die? I don't think so.

Those trees are no longer there. The whole park has been converted into a shopping mall (Domain in Austin, Tx).

domain.jpg
Nice area. It looks like they did a good job with the design.

Latest Discussions