ktown Chronicles Hyung

Brian Jones

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Has anyoen seen this short film "Hyung" I just saw this on line Saturday. I was wondering what some you thought? I was impressed they got Mickey Rourke to be in what amounts to a "short film."

Brian Jones

OP
B

Brian Jones

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thought I would bump this up. I'm surprised no one expressed any interest in discussing this, pro or con.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Where is it available?

OP
B

Brian Jones

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It may be on youtube. But if you just search for hyung or K-town Chronicles, it should take you directly to the website. You can down load the whole thing for free.

WMKS Shogun

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think my thing with it was that at first glance it felt devoid of morals. I would have figured that with them trying to promote some of the tenets of Hwarang Do along with the movie. They talked about the concept of brotherhood and duty to look out for one's juniors, but I would have thought that would include not getting into the fights in the first place.
Still, the fights were well done, and I rather enjoyed the variety of techniques. From that standpoint it was entertaining and skillful.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Reminds me of the movie Ninja Turf with Simon Rhee. He and his brother made that movie which had no "moral" value. They over heard one of their students mentioning how it didn't give a good outlook on martial arts... after that they made Best of the Best to show more positive things about martial arts. Perhaps Lee will need to learn from this movie when making the next.

Latest Discussions