KT:Personal Protection

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Personal Protection
By MooseKenpo - Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:22:24 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

I've been thinking on this for a bit now, especially since the VT shootings. With Kenpo, we are taught to use our empty hands primarily as weapons in our protection. Most would say, especially my old drill instructors or ship's security force Commander, to use any means available. For the security force, we are taught numerous techniques. Some remind me of Kenpo movements, other's were like hapkido or aikido techniques. Either way, we met threat with like force. If someone was attempting harm to us or our shipmates we were authorized use of deadly force. Luckily I was never put into the position of having to do this. Usually just the presence of watch personnel wearing a 9m, shotgun, or M16 in condition 1 stops most people from trying something stupid. However, at home there are quite a few people that don't have armament like that. How do the rest of you feel about home protection weapons, specifically guns, or do you rely on your abilities as a martial artist to protect your home and family? I'm not pointing one way or another, just getting a feel. I feel it's a matter of choice.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Latest Discussions