KT:Man Receives Brown with Spinal Cord injury

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Man Receives Brown with Spinal Cord injury
By parkerkarate - Thu, 11 Jan 2007 04:33:06 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

The has to be one of the most motivating videos I have ever seen. This individual received a spinal cord injury from meningitis a while back and is still doing Kenpo with the AKKS in Chile. He is 26.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Last edited by a moderator:

silatman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Nah sorry mate that was neither inspiring or motivational.
I don't think that he should have been graded to that level as he obviously isn't.
It is a sad fact of life that people get hurt, sick and die. By grading this man to this level in my opinion doesn't say much for the system that he is learning. In fact watching the rest of the class it looks like the system isn't worth learning anyway. The intensity that is shown is well below that which is expected in our class and I wouldn't want it any other way.
Sorry if that offends people but life wasn't meant to be fair.

kenpotroop

Green Belt
Reaction score
Nah sorry mate that was neither inspiring or motivational.
I don't think that he should have been graded to that level as he obviously isn't.
It is a sad fact of life that people get hurt, sick and die. By grading this man to this level in my opinion doesn't say much for the system that he is learning. In fact watching the rest of the class it looks like the system isn't worth learning anyway. The intensity that is shown is well below that which is expected in our class and I wouldn't want it any other way.
Sorry if that offends people but life wasn't meant to be fair.

Wow I think its awesome and I think you are a very cold individual. It's nothing to you. what do you care

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That was awesome. This isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea I guess but personally I've found that training with folks that have had some developmental issues can be very rewarding and very educational. I don't think I would have disagreed with the rank they wore.

YouTube is an interesting tool but it doesn't tell the whole story IMO.

Latest Discussions