KT:Will Tracy Article on Mr. Parker

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Will Tracy Article on Mr. Parker
By parkerkarate - Fri, 12 Jan 2007 21:49:57 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

I had this article sent to me today on Will Tracy's opinion on Mr. Parker and American Kenpo as a whole. I was discusted after reading this. Any thoughts?

http://www.tracyskenpokarate.com/Rise1.htm

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
you know, i've trained on the tracy side and the parker side of the fence. i respect both arts and have good friendships with practitioners of both sides.

i don't know what the deal is with mr. tracy, but he spends a lot of energy bashing other martial artists. he did similar with tom conner.

it's one of the things that frustrates me the most about kenpo -- no unity, constant bickering among the higher-ups, political infighting and general ill will.

you'd think martial artists would know better.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wil Tracy doesn't speak for Tracy Kenpo or any other lineage of Kenpo.

He does have a loud opinion and access to enough (direct or indirect) bandwidth to get his opinions noticed.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Will Tracy Article on Mr. Parker
By parkerkarate - Fri, 12 Jan 2007 21:49:57 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

I had this article sent to me today on Will Tracy's opinion on Mr. Parker and American Kenpo as a whole. I was discusted after reading this. Any thoughts?

http://www.tracyskenpokarate.com/Rise1.htm

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed
For reasons unknown, the Tracy's tend to harbor this unreal necessity to put down Ed Parker. As successful as Al as been makes it even more bizarre. They are masters at taking some actual and partial truths, and putting a 'personal' spin on them to suit their own history, but they are not the only ones by any means. Still you have to wonder why such an extreme.

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
For reasons unknown, the Tracy's tend to harbor this unreal necessity to put down Ed Parker. As successful as Al as been makes it even more bizarre. They are masters at taking some actual and partial truths, and putting a 'personal' spin on them to suit their own history, but they are not the only ones by any means. Still you have to wonder why such an extreme.

Well, I have never heard Al Tracy say anything derogatory about Ed Parker. So, to say "the Tracy's" is simply untrue.

What I find bizarre is that the American Kenpo people continually bring these articles up so that they can put down the Tracys.

Everybody has their own spin on history. Parker's was different than Will Tracy's. Yours is different than many of your contemporaries.

Latest Discussions