KT:Are Ed Parker's Kenpo bows really necessary?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Are Ed Parker's Kenpo bows really necessary?
By aikikenjitsu - 12-21-2009 02:02 AM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

I earned black belt in Ed Parker Kenpo back in old school. Ed Parker passed me on my brown belt. Over the years I have elimanated many of the bows when it comes to things such as a hammer fist strike to the groin. I have replaced many bows with a high kneel. It's more practical instead of locking your knee. Also you can move faster. Ed Parker once said, "if you can improve it, do it!" I have improved it, for me. Each of us is different and Kenpo once black belt is earned, should be tailoyed to fit the person.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are Ed Parker's Kenpo bows really necessary?
By aikikenjitsu - 12-21-2009 02:02 AM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk
====================

I earned black belt in Ed Parker Kenpo back in old school. Ed Parker passed me on my brown belt. Over the years I have elimanated many of the bows when it comes to things such as a hammer fist strike to the groin. I have replaced many bows with a high kneel. It's more practical instead of locking your knee. Also you can move faster. Ed Parker once said, "if you can improve it, do it!" I have improved it, for me. Each of us is different and Kenpo once black belt is earned, should be tailoyed to fit the person.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed
I would contend that you are still bowing. rather tha comming to a static bow, your are bowing. If that makes any sense.
sean

Latest Discussions