Krav Maga with Kenpo

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

A quick question, after training in Kenpo for many years and now running my own club I am now finding that I am not really training myself as it were, mainly concentrating on instructing my students.

Therefore, I was wondering if Krav Maga would be an art that could compliment my Kenpo background. (There are several schools near me which is one of the reasons I am now considering it).

For peoples information, I have recently tried Akido and Jujitsu and to be honest did not feel that they fitted with my style of fighting or self defense.

My background with the Martial Arts is varied due to my past career within the RAF and moving about quite a lot, so I have a history of Kick Boxing, Tang Soo Do, Wado Ryu, Taijitsu, Systema, Din Gar Gung Fu, Wing Chun etc etc. I just feel that Krav Maga could offer me something new, so that I could train properly again and learn something different, as well as hopefully complimenting and adding to my current skill set.

Any advice/opinions are welcome.

:)

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
What are your goals? To learn a new art and "start over" so to speak with different material or just wanting to sharpen the tools in your toolbox?

Since Krav Maga identifies itself as a combatives system and not a martial art. It could be a good fit since the tools are going to be very similiar, and it can give you a different way to drill them.

Another possibility would be Judo or BJJ and add in a grappling component that may not be fully devloped in your striking.

Latest Discussions