New School of Krav Maga

kailat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys... there's a new school in Castleton/Fishers in INDY area. www.kravmagaindy.com My son wants to partake in this program. Im considering it. Im concerned w/ the $119.00 a month fee. I think it would be worth it if it would teach him alot.

He's already a black belt in Karate and has crossed trained in Kali etc.. but I think I will let him try Krav Maga. I would love to take this program with him, but I cannot afford it for the both of us at $100 a pop for the both of us. I'd have to give up the car or the house payment..LOL.. but if and when I can start swinging it, not tomention its an hour drive one way with gas prices. It really sounds like an excellent self defense program but im afraid im not financially able to afford this training for him.

Are their any suggestions?

What do you guys think? KRAV MAGA a good program for kids?

Thanks
I mean I am certain I could teach him much if not the same material that Krav Teaches since I come from a FMA background. But i think him getting first hand KRAV MAGA instruction. I think it would be great!!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's a very physical art that emphasizes stress situations--go for it! It could be a good experience for him. I'll watch for seminars there.

retirewealthy

White Belt
Reaction score
Kailat,
I have no previous experience with any martial arts. I saw an episode of the human I have no previous experience with any martial arts. I saw an episode of the human weapon and was very intrigued by Krav Maga, called up a local school, took 1 class and signed up for 6 month contract.

It is very intense and GREAT!! Our level 1 class does about 20 minutes of rather intense warmup running calesthenics etc, then probably half an
hour of punching, kicking, knees, elbows at a very fast and then after we are exhausted we do self defense from chokes, knives, guns and some ground work. Our training class is about an hour with real world defenses that appear to be very practical (haven't used them and hope not to do) so your muscle memory will work when you are tired or distracted since that is how we practice.

In 5 months I have lost about 40 pounds and feel much better overall. I can't forsee myself quitting ever. I would hope that the local gym would let you take a couple of classes at no charge to see if it fits you.

Good luck and let me know.

weapon and was very intrigued by Krav Maga, called up a local school, took 1 class and signed up for 6 month contract.

It is very intense and GREAT!! Our level 1 class does about 20 minutes of rather intense warm-up running calisthenics etc, then probably half an
Hour of punching, kicking, knees, elbows at a very fast and then after we are exhausted we do self defense from chokes, knives, guns and some ground work. Our training class is about an hour with real world defenses that appear to be very practical (haven't used them and hope not to do) so your muscle memory will work when you are tired or distracted since that is how we practice.

In 5 months I have lost about 40 pounds and feel much better overall. I can't foresee myself quitting ever. I would hope that the local gym would let you take a couple of classes at no charge to see if it fits you.

Good luck and let me know.

Brewer McNeil
Germantown, MD

zen4me

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys... there's a new school in Castleton/Fishers in INDY area. www.kravmagaindy.com My son wants to partake in this program. Im considering it. Im concerned w/ the $119.00 a month fee. I think it would be worth it if it would teach him alot.

Are their any suggestions?

What do you guys think? KRAV MAGA a good program for kids?

It looks like its an affiliate of KMWW, the US "Federation" for KM which means it should be a top notch facility. I take classes at the KMWW school in DC. The fee is pretty much on par with what newbies are paying at my school and from what I've gathered about other schools as well. No experience with the KM-X program (I'm guessing thats the one you're talking about as generally speaking they limit actual Krav classes to adults)

He'll definitely get a workout and learn a lot. Sounds like he already has a good base to build from too. I'd suggest getting the "Yellow Book" (Complete Krav Maga) and working through things with your son at home too. Great book, with another 2 on the way in the near future.

Good luck,
- Kelly

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would go for it and I am sure you will enjoy it. I have always enjoyed training in Krav Maga. As to the cost go to the instructor and talk with him about how you cannot afford for both to attend but that is what you want and see if they work a deal with you.
icon6.gif

Latest Discussions