Krav Maga Maryland?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might help if you asked a more specific question...

You've posted quite a few "what about this school?" posts, across several arts. Maybe a trip to the Beginner's Corner would help you narrow your search more effectively? There's quite a few martial arts available in the greater DC area, including some that aren't very available elsewhere...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this Krav Maga school in Maryland? How is the instruction?

http://www.kravmd.com/

Nobody on this forum has tried or heard of these Krav Maga schools?

Never been to the school, so I can't tell you about the quality of instruction. By the looks of the site, I'm going to guess its a KNWW affiliated school. Now, this isn't a bad thing, depending on who you talk to.

Like I say to everyone who is looking for info on a school. The best thing to do, is to go and check it out for yourself. Its important to for your own opinion, as its you thats going to be paying and training there, so you want to make sure you're getting the most bang for your $$$$. :)

Watch a few classes, take a few, talk to people and see if it meets what you're looking to get out of your training. If it does, sign up. If not, check out other options in your area.

OP
G

goldwarrior

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm not a Beginner, I've actually been doing MA for awhile.

I do plan to go visit schools myself and see what the instruction is like. It just takes quite a lot of time, and I have already gone to several places that I didn't like. This board seems like a good place to check on some places. You do need to make your own decisions about a specific school, but I just don't have time to drive to every single school in the area.

From what I know about Krav Maga it seems to be a very effective system, and you learn quickly. I guess I will just have to go check it out!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes, we benefit by looking at things with the eyes of a beginner. The simple fact remains that many of your posts consist of "What do you know about..." What are YOU looking for? Are you doing opposition research before you open your school? Looking for someplace to send your kids? Trying to find a school for yourself? If that's so... are you looking for self defense? Competition? Personal enlightenment?

OP
G

goldwarrior

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm looking for something that would compliment my previous training, but obviously I want to learn new techniques.

Spork3245

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm looking for something that would compliment my previous training, but obviously I want to learn new techniques.

Well, what are you previously trained in? Why does Krav Maga appeal to you so much?
As MJS said, since it seems that most of us here are not familiar with that school specifically, the best thing to do would be to go try a few classes and see if it's what you are looking for. Honest, and I mean no disrespect, the Krav Maga World Wide orginization seems to vary, drastically, in quality from school-to-school, and it really depends upon the instructors own ability to teach the material.

OP
G

goldwarrior

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I trained in the Bujinkan in Budo Taijitsu, and the Jinenkan. Krav Maga seems like it follows some of the same ideals as the Bujinkan. When you are just starting, learning to move yourself effectively is what is important. Not focusing on Kata, and routines that what necessarily help you in a real fight. It seems like that is what Krav Maga ideals are based on as well.

I was planning on checking out the school with a friend sometime, and making my own judgements. I agree that just because someone claims "I'm qualified, and certified by ___ organization." That doesn't mean they teach well.

This place seems to be popular though. So they must be doing something right!

Latest Discussions