Kokikai Aikido?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Was talking with a Kokikai sensei again, I like the emphasis on relaxation, jives with my Taijiquan .

Anyone have any experience with Kokikai?

What are your thoughts on Kokikai?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive had no interaction with anyone I. Kokikai - Id be interested in hearing your thoughts if you dip your toes in.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ive had no interaction with anyone I. Kokikai - Id be interested in hearing your thoughts if you dip your toes in.
If I do I will post, but this will not be anytime soon... threw my back out, a week ago today and although I can walk now, couldn't last Saturday, I am still spending most of my day laying on a floor and walking with a cane

Not even doing taijiquan at the moment

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I do I will post, but this will not be anytime soon... threw my back out, a week ago today and although I can walk now, couldn't last Saturday, I am still spending most of my day laying on a floor and walking with a cane

Not even doing taijiquan at the moment
Ouch. I've thrown my back out that badly twice in my life - worse pain than anything else I've experienced. Feel better, my friend.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ouch. I've thrown my back out that badly twice in my life - worse pain than anything else I've experienced. Feel better, my friend.
Thanks.

I have hurt it worse, got me a trip in an ambulance once and weeks stay in a hospital. Followed by about 3 months on the floor.

I am up and walking without assistance, no cane, I just don't trust it yet with longer walks.

My biggest worry at the moment is we have a snowstorm heading our way on Tuesday with 6 to 10 inches of snow predicted.

I have done a bit more research on Kokikai, and it looks interesting, and along the lines of my taijiquan training