Knife of Baseball Bat?

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Adept said:
Carrying that kind of weaponry in some countries will score you some serious jail time.
Yeah, but i'm a cop, so I can carry concealed in all 50 states. If it comes down to it, it's better to have a weapon and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
Yeah, but i'm a cop, so I can carry concealed in all 50 states. If it comes down to it, it's better to have a weapon and not need it, than need it and not have it.
I dont think even cops are allowed to carry concealed in Australia, where I live. I absolutely agree with you though, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Thats almost my signature phrase. I used it to make sure my fiancee gets her handgun licence and to make sure she keeps a first aid kit in the car (and knows how to use it).

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Adept said:
I dont think even cops are allowed to carry concealed in Australia, where I live. I absolutely agree with you though, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Thats almost my signature phrase. I used it to make sure my fiancee gets her handgun licence and to make sure she keeps a first aid kit in the car (and knows how to use it).
Yeah, I've been hearing about Austrailia's increasingly restrictive stand on firearms in the last few years. How's that working out for you folks?

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The chances of me going around with any kind of weapon at any time is virtually zero due to legal restrictions, so my answer in all of the above situations would be whatever I can find at the time.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
Yeah, I've been hearing about Austrailia's increasingly restrictive stand on firearms in the last few years. How's that working out for you folks?
I'm not a fan. It hasnt done anything to decrease the amount of firearm related deaths, and while crime rates over all are falling, rates of violent crimes are climbing. I'm a keen hunter and recreational shooter, so its of particular interest to me.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Adept said:
I'm not a fan. It hasnt done anything to decrease the amount of firearm related deaths, and while crime rates over all are falling, rates of violent crimes are climbing. I'm a keen hunter and recreational shooter, so its of particular interest to me.
Yeah, I really feel for you guys. The nanny state is spreading across the world. What's even more disgusting is these nanny staters can't deal effectively with real criminals, so they turn their sights to law abiding citizens.

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Self defense and ownership of weapons is a G-d given natural right . States may DENY that right but the right remains. Every animal has some way naturally, of evasion, camoflage or defense. Man needs manufactured weapons, and G-d gave us a brain so that we could design and manufacture such. Think about that and you'll get my hidden point..

I've been a US 2nd Amendment activist since 1989 when we lived in California. My lady and I are very well trained in the use of most all small arms and we both have concealed carry permits for our State.

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Self defense and ownership of weapons is a G-d given natural right . States may DENY that right but the right remains. Every animal has some way naturally, of evasion, camoflage or defense. Man needs manufactured weapons, and G-d gave us a brain so that we could design and manufacture such. Think about that and you'll get my hidden point..

I've been a US 2nd Amendment activist since 1989 when we lived in California. My lady and I are very well trained in the use of most all small arms and we both have concealed carry permits for our State.

BTW my favorite carry handguns are my custom 9mm Browning Hi-Powers and 1911 .45 ACPs.

Latest Discussions