Knee rehab

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah cool thanks, I just tried the test a heap of times but felt no pain (which is good news I guess haha), maybe a little discomfort on one of the top outside tendons above the kneecap, but may have been because of the pressure I exerted. My kneecap moved pretty nicely with the contractions. Will see how I go, it's just an every now and then thing that 'flares up'. And sometimes I will feel pain there without any movement at all too.
Interesting. Just making sure you did it right... web of the hand (I guess; space between the thumb and index finger) right on the top edge of the kneecap, not pushing down too much into the quad muscles, and not letting the kneecap come up too much; quads relaxed and knee straight; then tighten up your quads. If you feel grinding, it’s a positive test. And the grinding is unmistakable.

There’s plenty of other possibilities. No way to tell without putting my hands on you and moving you around. Your one or two sentence description lead me to believe chondromalacia because those are textbook symptoms and chondromalacia is very common.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting. Just making sure you did it right... web of the hand (I guess; space between the thumb and index finger) right on the top edge of the kneecap, not pushing down too much into the quad muscles, and not letting the kneecap come up too much; quads relaxed and knee straight; then tighten up your quads. If you feel grinding, it’s a positive test. And the grinding is unmistakable.

There’s plenty of other possibilities. No way to tell without putting my hands on you and moving you around. Your one or two sentence description lead me to believe chondromalacia because those are textbook symptoms and chondromalacia is very common.
Ahh ok, I tried it again, this time I put more pressure and pushed much harder into the kneecap (pushed it forward, ie down the leg) and contracted and yep it did hurt, mainly at the top of my kneecap. Definitely alot moreso in the left knee. Not sure about the grinding though.. I did feel some clicking occurring but not sure what it feels to be grindy. Interesting! I don't know if it was because I was pushing my kneecap too hard though and the kneecap was just trying to elevate..

Latest Discussions