Kids Taekwondo in Sydney

SYDTKD

White Belt
Reaction score
Good day all, my 1st post here...pleasure to be in this forum as it keeps me in loop with all the latest in Taekwondo. My 2 boys (11 years & 7 years) both doing Taekwondo in Sydney under Grand Master Kang Jae Won (Kukkiwon 7 dan). He is a fantastic master with all the patience to kids and over 20years experience. Our class is only once a week (Sat ) with 1:30 hrs training. The training environment in our school is a bit different as most of our students (under 14) is full time study and not quite available on weekdays. Anyways, they are all happy with the training and our location just moved from orig. a leisure centre to a Korean Church. I am glad to send them in their early age to gain the experience of this martial art as it is definitely a good things for them to achieve their goal. I like watching them to do board breaking, sparring and pattern. They have just started to learn the stick pattern now. Still a long way to go but we all enjoy it.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome mate, hope you enjoy it here. The debates can get a bit heated but there is a lot of experience on this board so it can be really educational.

OP
S

SYDTKD

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome mate, hope you enjoy it here. The debates can get a bit heated but there is a lot of experience on this board so it can be really educational.

After 6 years of observing (as a parent), I really encourage my friends to send their kids to come to our training as well. As I said, kids will benefit from all the exercises to improve their physical fitness. Quick reaction (from sparring). Power/eye contact/confidence/accuracy (from board breaking) and improve their memory/co-ordination (from Taeguk). My boys are really in love with this sport. Although I am not the expert but I really appreciate Master Kang for all his hard work over the years and all the kids in our class are now more matured in this martial art. It is definitely a pleasure to see how they progress (from white to black..I mean Poom). No wonder why the Korean trains 5 days a week and TKD is part of their P.E in school. When we are in You Tube to see the TKD Demo team, the boys said to me..."I could do this flying side kick/spinning hook kick to break the board too"...etc...after all the years of training with tears/blood...I said to them...please look after you belt as it witness your growth and remember to pass on this martial art to your next generation.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, I hope your stay is enjoyable. Lots of good people on here with lots to give.

OP
S

SYDTKD

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, I hope your stay is enjoyable. Lots of good people on here with lots to give.
Thanks guy...I really enjoy the forum here as I understand everyone here is great with lots of idea and info. I mentioned to Master Kang about this website today after training and he was happy to stay tune in here. Hopefully if he has time, he would join this forum and chat with you all as well. Today training was another Physical demand hour followed by sparring/stick. My son Ray was sick (chest infection) today but he still went and sit aside to watch the class in order not to miss anything. The little one Perry was all right. Hope you all well and have a good day.....:angel:

Latest Discussions