Kicking Set One

kenpostart

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm looking for the original Kicking Set One.

My research via google was very interesting. I found very different descriptions. But at this point I'm confused...

Is there anybody out here to help me?

Kind regards,
kenpostart
:CTF:

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Talk to Tom Kelly, it's my understanding that he invented it. of course I wasn't there and I'm frequently wrong about these things.

Jeff

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mike M said:
Hello kenpostart,

I don't know if you have come across his site yet, but I think that Michael Billing's web site is one of the very best online sources of EPAK information. Here is the direct link to Kicking Set 1 on his site:

http://kenpo-texas.com/kenposets.html#Kicking%201
That graphic is an excellent tool! To Michael Billings: Did you create that? It's awesome! :ultracool

OP
K

kenpostart

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Dear all,

thanks for your support.

The graphic on Mr. Michael Billing's homepage is a good source.

Kind regards,
kenpostart

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yepper, that was my graphic with the AKTS crest in it. One of my old ex-TKD black belt students deserves credit for the idea, but I bet lots of us wrote it down graphically as we walked through it ... at least I did as I originally learned it in the early 1980's. I really ought to do one for the left and right side of Kicking Set #1 also, especially for my kiddo's classes.

-Michael

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hi Folks!
Just a quick note to inform you that the version on Mr. Billings site is the updated version, not the original. In the updated version, the last line starts with a roundhouse, in the original, it begins with a right step through front snapping ball kick.
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
KENPOJOE said:
Hi Folks!
Just a quick note to inform you that the version on Mr. Billings site is the updated version, not the original. In the updated version, the last line starts with a roundhouse, in the original, it begins with a right step through front snapping ball kick.
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE
Is there a graphic available of the original version? If so, please post the link or perhaps email me a copy for my personal use as reference. Thank you.

- Ceicei

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
KENPOJOE said:
Hi Folks!
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE
Joe,
that was the way,we where shown originally, but I do prefer the way the last line is now, it flows.
Joe StanceSet #1, has also changed and I for one prefer the original, do you know why it was changed?
Rich

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I did do an original one, but after Mr. Conatser took it to Mr. Parker with the "hey" we start with a different kick on 3 of the sides, why not on the 4th?" Well, it is his story to tell. All the associations I have been related to and camps I attend have switched it to the SGM Parker approved version I currently have up.

No biggie to me, I also learned it the first way initially in the very early 1980's.

-Michael

Latest Discussions