Kickboxer Vengeance

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Last night I went to a special showing of the movie Kickboxer Vengeance. It was a private screening with the actor who plays the main character in the movie being there. I say the main character, not star as most people will be more familiar with the co-stars(Jean Claude Van Damme, Gina Carano, George St Pierre, David Bautista) than Alain Moussi. However as Alain is a hometown boy who I trained jiu jitsu with many years ago, it was an honour to see him on the big screen.

The original Kickboxer movie is one of the things that inspired Alain to take up martial arts, eventually becoming a club owner, than a stuntman in multiple Hollywood films, and finally an actor in his own right. Try to imagine the thrill of playing Kurt Sloane(Van Damme's character in the first film), with Van Damme as your trainer.
There are two more Kickboxer movies in the works, I look forward to seeing Alain on the screen again.

OP
F

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I enjoyed it. Some creative fight scenes, on the back of elephants as an example, Van Damme puts Alain through some "creative" training scenarios. Cool to see George St Pierre interact with Van Damme, to realize the bar brawlers are UFC champs. Definitely worth checking out.