Keumgang Poomsae

OP
dvcochran

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I detest those personally. But I know others like them - I just wouldn't ever choose to use them.

I also dislike the practice of adding suffixes to numbered moves.

Do you have separate terms and descriptions for different styles of motion and the transitions between moves?

For example, we have things like slow (self explanatory hopefully) but also things like fast, connecting and continuous motion to describe the transitions.
Agree; they are hard to look at if you have never done the form.

@pdg ,I felt you and I were understanding pretty well. If that is not the case let me know.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I felt you and I were understanding pretty well. If that is not the case let me know

I think we're mainly on the same page at the mo - a bit of clarification here and there, partly due to terminology differences and partly because of the format of conversation, but it seems to be working out.

It would seem we're both managing to spot where any confusion is happening.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I detest those personally. But I know others like them - I just wouldn't ever choose to use them.

I also dislike the practice of adding suffixes to numbered moves.

Do you have separate terms and descriptions for different styles of motion and the transitions between moves?

For example, we have things like slow (self explanatory hopefully) but also things like fast, connecting and continuous motion to describe the transitions.

It's a tool. It serves the specific purpose of helping you guys figure out which technique you're talking about.

OP
dvcochran

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's a tool. It serves the specific purpose of helping you guys figure out which technique you're talking about.
I don't think we are having any problems understanding each other.
Maybe someone else needs the diagram?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't think we are having any problems understanding each other.
Maybe someone else needs the diagram?

I'm just saying. You guys were mentioning counting steps to make sure you're talking about the same move. This is a way to make sure you're referring to the same steps.

Instead of one of you counting something as Step 14a and someone else has it as Step 18 (or something like that). If you say move 18, he might be looking at something different.

And since you each have mentioned different ways of counting in different contexts, I think it makes sense to have the same source for the numbers.

Latest Discussions