Kenpo Xtreme

K

Kenpomachine

I have recently heard about kenpo Xtreme. What I understood is that it consists of a group of techniques specially design for the street.

Can any of you expand on this?

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Funny, I thought Kenpo was a group of techniques specially designed for the street.:confused: So, what would be the "extreme" part?

OP
K

Kenpomachine

Well, I've heard of it from an LTKKA member. Maybe Robert knows something about it...

OP
R

rmcrobertson

Was this the tread with the two guys in my neck of the woods...I think so, but don't know much about them. I do remember also wondering about, "common sense," when I saw the discussion last month, but I don't even recollect where it was.

And anyway, having William or Dexter or Clyde or Angela roaring down upon me is about as extreme as I care to get.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by John Bishop
Funny, I thought Kenpo was a group of techniques specially designed for the street.:confused: So, what would be the "extreme" part?
Well just as in Kajukenbo there are different methods and or schools of thought. AKK has a lot of information and it can be imparted to soon. That is, before the student is ready. I don't know anything about EK; however, they may push just the basics or sell the eye gouging and ear tearing aspect. Its hard to tell. Extreem might mean they incorporated BJJ techs. This is America, so they can call it Pitbull Kenpo if it brings people in the door. Its just some guys take, thats all.
Sean

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
Well just as in Kajukenbo there are different methods and or schools of thought. AKK has a lot of information and it can be imparted to soon. That is, before the student is ready. I don't know anything about EK; however, they may push just the basics or sell the eye gouging and ear tearing aspect. Its hard to tell. Extreem might mean they incorporated BJJ techs. This is America, so they can call it Pitbull Kenpo if it brings people in the door. Its just some guys take, thats all.
Sean

If any of you were with Mr. Parker in the 60s-70s you probably know my friend, Dan Guzman. Two of his black belts and one of Mr. Parker's black belts, along with 3 others started the "Limalama" system around 1968. After formulating their new style, Dan was invited to visit their school and observe them demonstrating their forms and techniques. His description of this has always stuck in my mind. In his words "it was like someone rearranging all the furniture in their house. And then trying to tell you it was a differant house."

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by John Bishop
If any of you were with Mr. Parker in the 60s-70s you probably know my friend, Dan Guzman. Two of his black belts and one of Mr. Parker's black belts, along with 3 others started the "Limalama" system around 1968. After formulating their new style, Dan was invited to visit their school and observe them demonstrating their forms and techniques. His description of this has always stuck in my mind. In his words "it was like someone rearranging all the furniture in their house. And then trying to tell you it was a differant house."

John,

I have seen stuff like this in other systems myself.

On the other end one could say you can only hit the body in some many places, and turn joints in so many directions to get affective techniques.

Yet, when the applications are the same and the large blocks are same, they did not dissect it into it base elements, only the compunds and mixed up the words or compunds and the not the letters and phonics.

oh well. :(

OP
R

roryneil

The web site just looks like any other Kenpo studio. It's a Mr. Bean through Speakman and the AKKS, and also sites the OAKKA.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That would be a cool Reality TV Show on Fox.

When Kenpo masters go bad! Its time for extreem Kenpo. You could runn it back to back with COPS.

Disclaimer: all participants are idiots until proven proficent.

:jedi1:

Latest Discussions