kenpo sets

jaybacca72

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
just curious to see how many out there teach all the required sets and when they teach them at what rank are they required? does anyone feel the sets should maybe change order like say according to difficulty like teach co ordination set one before kicking set one?
lets hear some ideas?
later
jay
ps my stag and doe is next weekend if anyone is interested in going,should be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Finger set one and kicking set one is all the sets I've been taught. Eventually I want to learn the rest but it would most likely be on my own.

Do you still do them?

:asian:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, I teach all the sets..... in their original positions....... check my site for each belt and its sets..... http://www.geocities.com/ikkorg/requirements.htm

I think you could massage the sets and place them in different orders just as you could forms and techniques numbers...... it all boils down to the philosophy of the curriculum that you are using.... IMHO
:asian

R

Rainman

My teacher doesn't do them all but we have some that I have not seen anywhere else. Rebound set created by Mr. Rainey is something I tore apart for years... somewhere between a masterkey drill and a set with a built in system wide function. We do the typical blockset etc., just not the II's but I have them and do practice them occaisionally.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't hoard all Durgan's stuff! :rofl:

hecks, he might be the next Tom Kelly!
(If you read this Mr. Kelly, I'm only kidding)

R

Rainman

:D

I don't have permission to publish rebound set... It is Mr. Rainey's anyways and I aint' askin' him. #$%k that!

R

Rainman

Why don't you just invite Mr. Durgan to one of your camps or one of those Kenpo shindigs you go to... Then for the people who nay say AK's grappling discourses (and he loves that) he can fold them up personally. Make sure you film because I want to see their faces:D

Latest Discussions