Kali, Arnis, Escrima around Augusta GA?

D Dempsey

Green Belt
Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a decent Kali/Arnis/Escrima teacher around Augusta? If not what about within about a 2.5 hour drive(Atlanta, Charlotte, Savannah)? I searched the forum for anything in Georgia and all I came up with is this thread:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6633&highlight=Georgia

Arnis is something I've wanted to get more into for a while now but its not exactly prolific where I'm at so any help would be appreciated.

OP
D

D Dempsey

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I think calling that site uncooperative is a bit of an understatement. Everything I searched for turned up exactly the same results but I'll keep messing with and maybe I'll find something.

I did find a Atienza Kali group in Atlanta, but I can't really find any info on what it is. It looks like it's mainly sword work. I'm actually more interested in regular stick or stick and knife personally, but I may check it out anyway.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a decent Kali/Arnis/Escrima teacher around Augusta? If not what about within about a 2.5 hour drive(Atlanta, Charlotte, Savannah)? I searched the forum for anything in Georgia and all I came up with is this thread:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6633&highlight=Georgia

Arnis is something I've wanted to get more into for a while now but its not exactly prolific where I'm at so any help would be appreciated.
Hi,

There are several contacts that I know in Atlanta. I will PM you with the info.

Also, there are several MT members in the Southeast that train together, Rompida is in SC (between Columbia and Charlotte) and Charleston Combat Academy is in Charleston, SC. I am located in Greensboro, NC. You are welcome to any events that we host.

-Palusut

OP
D

D Dempsey

Green Belt
Reaction score
I wanted to say thanks to everybody for the help. I stumbled across a school nearby in Columbia SC and I am looking to know if anybody is familiar with it?
http://www.cma-sc.com/index.html
The teacher's name is Mark Mill and it looks like an Inosanto Kali school. Does anybody have any info on that? I'll try to give the place a try as it's only about an hour drive.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Inosanto Kali is a great option! Nothing looks suspicious, and JKD and WC work nicely with the FMA. Good luck!

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wanted to say thanks to everybody for the help. I stumbled across a school nearby in Columbia SC and I am looking to know if anybody is familiar with it?
http://www.cma-sc.com/index.html
The teacher's name is Mark Mill and it looks like an Inosanto Kali school. Does anybody have any info on that? I'll try to give the place a try as it's only about an hour drive.

As you can see from my profile, I live in North Augusta. My school is about 8 miles from downtown Broad Street in Augusta and I can tell you there are no escrima schools in our area.
There are 52 schools in the Augusta/North Augusta/Aiken area and none of them are Filipino.
As for Mark Mills, he has a good reputation. I have been to some of his grappling tournaments. Also, he has Guru Dan down on occasion for jkd seminars.
If you are willing to drive, you should check him out.

AoG

OP
D

D Dempsey

Green Belt
Reaction score
I sent him an email last night about attending classes. I'll probably only be able to make it up there a few times a month, but it's better than nothing.

Latest Discussions