Just some basic Iaido practice!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I usually like to get to class fairly early before I teach to have some time to not only go over the material I will be teaching that night but also to practice some Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaido. Last night I had a very enjoyable pre class training while working on some basic standing Iaido. I just went through Junto Sono Ichi and Junto Sono Ni. These are some basic Eishin Ryu Batto Ho techniques that are all done while standing. After many years of various Iaido instruction I have been learning for a while in the line of the late Katsuo Yamaguchi Sensei. So last night after a few draws everything was clicking and I slipped into that no thought process and just continued to go at it. I love it when the various check points dissolve and there is no thought going on. (lots of fun) Definately a good way to warm up before class.
icon6.gif

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Such a good feeling when the 'flow' is upon you isn't it?

It's a rare one when you can say with complete self-honesty "I think I actually did that technique well enough that I can't find much fault with it" - mind you, that never happens with something like the Seiza no bu Ukenagashi :lol:.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Such a good feeling when the 'flow' is upon you isn't it?

It's a rare one when you can say with complete self-honesty "I think I actually did that technique well enough that I can't find much fault with it" - mind you, that never happens with something like the Seiza no bu Ukenagashi :lol:.

Absolutely it is a joy and a good mind clearing method before I begin to teach.
icon6.gif