just passing by

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I could not make it this past tuesday. My wife gave me shrimps for dinner and my stomach went bad, I think you get the picture so I will not mention how sick I was. I call my two students and told them my sick condition so I asked them to not go dojang that night.

My sambonim is away in a seminar and a set of tournaments in Monterrey Nuevo Leon in the north of my country so he asked three of his stidents (plus me) to take care of the dojang classes, Tony for the kids, Roberto for the youngsters and moms, Altagracia for the morning classes and myself for the couple of men I have on my class. Tony and Roberto are teens so last night I felt ok and went to dojang just to passing by and say hello to Roberto and Tony and to know if everithing is fine and see if they need something.

Dojang at that time (7:00 pm) only had the instructors I mentioned and another black belt, they were training in a more relaxed way but they were doing some cardio and kicking techs.

Roberto like sargent to captain reported to me, bow and told me how the things were working, I told him I was sick but today I will go to teach the class. I feelt very happy cause Roberto is a nice kid and I know dojang is ok below his eye this days sambonim is out.

Manny

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is good to know when you have trust worthy people you can hand the keys to.

Glad you are feeling better.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is good to know when you have trust worthy people you can hand the keys to.

When my sambonim asked me to take charge of the men class (8:30 pm-9:30 pm) he gave my the key of the dojang to lock up when we finished the class, the day afther I gave the key back to sambonim and he told me ...... No-no-no- that's your key, the day you won't or couldn't teach anymore then you give me back to me back. -Sorry sambunim- I said, it's such an honor. Sambonim told me I can use the dojang when ever I need it.

Manny

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
When my sambonim asked me to take charge of the men class (8:30 pm-9:30 pm) he gave my the key of the dojang to lock up when we finished the class, the day afther I gave the key back to sambonim and he told me ...... No-no-no- that's your key, the day you won't or couldn't teach anymore then you give me back to me back. -Sorry sambunim- I said, it's such an honor. Sambonim told me I can use the dojang when ever I need it.

Manny

Now, there isn't a smily face big enough to cover the grin on my face!

That is indeed a great honor. but you know what, you have earned it! :asian:

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

Manny

Manny,
I am impressed but not surprised. Your master sees your integrity and commitment.

Carl

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Manny,
I am impressed but not surprised. Your master sees your integrity and commitment.

Carl

I think that what you wrote plus a great love for TKD, the kids and the Hwarang Tae Kwon Do Family.

Manny

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score

One question. Why tell your students not to come in? You could have had one of the other instructors cover for you. I know when our Master can't be there he will ask someone to cover for him. If they can't make it either then someone will cover for them. We never cancel classes just because one instructor can't make it in.

Just curious as to why is all.

Thanks.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
The only istructor at that time was me, that's why I call the tow students and asked them not to go cause nobody could atend them. Tonight I could not make it too, I had a nasty episode of kindney stones with a lot of pain, I am not well.

Manny

Latest Discussions