Just all Farkin' Kinds of Wrong

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fortunately, German authorities refused to issue a patent

Saudi 'Killer Chip' Implant Would Track, Eliminate Undesirables
The basic model would consist of a tiny GPS transceiver placed in a capsule and inserted under a person's skin, so that authorities could track him easily.
Model B would have an extra function — a dose of cyanide to remotely kill the wearer without muss or fuss if authorities deemed he'd become a public threat.
The inventor said the chip could be used to track terrorists, criminals, fugitives, illegal immigrants, political dissidents, domestic servants and foreigners overstaying their visas.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Kinda like the explosive neck wear in The Running Man (movie version) but, less messy.
Our partners in peace

OP
tellner

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah. Sometimes I wish life didn't imitate science fiction.

cdunn

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm shocked we haven't been hearing about this for the past 5 years. Guess the agencies that already have them are more discreet.

Denial of the patent will only encourage copycat manufacture.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It makes me sad how many ways we can come up with harming each other. It is mind boggling actually.

I just hold hope that as much energy that goes into creating things like this is counter acted with energy put forth to find a way that we can all live peacefully on our little planet.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Works for me. Did they mention a per-unit cost, and if the receiver were hardened against bot-nets? Hate to see Mrs. McGillicutty taken out because some 15 yr old was texting at the wrong time. We could make them mandatory for all elected officials and appointed judges. Each November, we do a public confidence vote, and anyone dropping under 25%, well, drops.

:D

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
think of the practical applications

gps tracking of convicted pedos, thats not a bad idea

instead of poison, it could be modified to release electric shocks,

implanted in prisoners, it would end riots instantly

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Snake Pliskin was unavailable for comment.

Really, this is no more or less wrong than anything else coming out of the Magic Kingdom. Hopefully, this will make the guest workers think twice about going there. I'd like to see the Saudis "pick up something heavier than their wallet", in the words of PJ O'Rourke.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Snake Pliskin was unavailable for comment.

LOL!

I've seen a variation of this device--typically a neck collar--used in more movies than I can count, though usually not unknown to the victim-to-be. I was thinking of the "Highlander in Prison" movie (Fortress, was it?).

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think the potential for this

NOW!!!! Its’ new…and improved…. from the people that brought you Auschwitz we now offer the GPS tracking cyanide capsule you can wear conveniently under your skin. Regularly €25 but for a limited time it is free to all fugitives, illegal immigrants, political dissidents, domestic servants and foreigners.

Could be why Germany refused the patent

DAMN!!!!

Something tells me this bit

The inventor said the chip could be used to track ….. foreigners overstaying their visas.

Will cut down on that pesky German Tourism problem too

Thank the Gods for this... I think

"The invention will probably be found to violate paragraph two of the German Patent Law — which does not allow inventions that transgress public order or good morals,"

Excuse me but....probably

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Saudis have been on the cutting edge of nothing for the last 700 or so years.

Who created this technology for them, and why?

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You ever wonder what would happen if some government did implant such chips, with cyanide to, and some computer hacker broke into the network and got the power to ‘fire’ them?

This thing is a two edged sword. You implant chips in everyone with off switches and don't be surprised when they are implanted in your people. And someone then turn them off.

So the Arabs come up with this, right? I'd have thought the Cubans or Chinese. Just shows you religious dictatorships are the most dangerous, cause in the name of God they would to ANYTHING.

Deaf

OP
tellner

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Imagine the reaction from the German public if they'd granted the patent.

Latest Discussions