Job Listing Policies - Read Before Posting!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
By using this section, either to list a job or to solicit work, you agree to our jobs terms in addition to our standard terms of service.

Job Area Specific Terms and Conditions

1 Allocation of Responsibility
MartialTalk assumes no responsibility for listings posted by Users and no responsibility for the activities, omissions or other conduct of Users.

2 No endorsements by MartialTalk.
Nothing on the Site shall be considered an endorsement, representation or warranty with respect to any User or third party, whether in regards to its web site, products, services, hiring, experience, employment or recruiting practices, or otherwise.

3 No Guaranty of Results.
MartialTalk is not an employment agency or a recruiting firm, and makes no representations or guarantees regarding the effectiveness or timeliness of the Site in meeting the employment objectives of Users. MartialTalk does not guarantee that listings posted by Users will result in candidates being hired or positions being filled, and is not responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason made, made by any User.

4. Assumption of Risk
Use is by Choice. You use these listings soley at your own risk, and subject to all applicable local, state, natonal and international laws. You assume the sole and complete risk for using this Site.

5. Interaction with Third Parties.
Your correspondence, purchases, participation in, or any other dealings with third parties found on this Site are solely between you and such third party and such third parties may provide you with other offers or follow up email from this site or other sources. You agree that MartialTalk.com shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties on this Site. Moreover, MartialTalk.com shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, quality, suitability, currency or content of the statements or conduct of any third party on this Site. You shall not knowingly or intentionally interfere with the display of any advertisement.

6. No multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes will be allowed.

7. Job postings must be individual openings for traditional, W-2 or 1099 employees.

8. Resume postings must contain the accurate resume of a living individual seeking employment on a full-time, part-time, or contractual basis on his or her own behalf.

9. Your listing must contain sufficient detail to convey clearly to the User the nature and requirements of the job opportunity, or your qualifications as a candidate for employment. Documents that encourage the User to "email for more details" are not permitted. Documents from any third party charging a fee or restricting complete access to all resume information are prohibited.

10. You may not post listings that require someone contact you for more details.

11. You may not post listings that require a monetary investment by the User, including a request for payment to obtain job listings.

12. MartialTalk is under no obligation to monitor the listing posted on the Site, but it may monitor listings at random. Those found to violate the above Posting Rules may be removed at our discretion.

13. MartialTalk reserves the right to remove any listing at our discretion with or without reason.

14. We reserve the right to modify these terms as needed in the future.

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So wait, could I like, post in every single forum the exact same thread about how I'm looking for someone to come teach my kids classes? Would that be appropriate?

Or would that be inappropriate?

-Rob

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, you couldn't, and that's always been against our rules. Course, how many of our spammers read the rules before they check the box that said they read the rules and agree to foll them?

Those types of junk posts are tossed when we are notified of them, or find them.

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Just found this section of the forum. I am interested in posting my resume. If I start a thread here, can I just simply paste my resume in the thread? I'm moving to Colorado near the end of August with my girlfirend and I am currently going to be jobless at that point.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can post your resume, but be aware that if you post your email address we can't block spambots from harvesting it, and if you post your phone number that telemarketers may also harvest it.

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I will surely make the necessary corrections for this. May I ask that anyone with interest or some possible advice seek contact via a personal message on MT? Just trying to play inside the rules :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Job postings must be individual openings for traditional, W-2 or 1099 employees."

What does this mean please?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Or their non-US counter parts.

IE: Jobs on the books, not under the table positions, (hopefully that translates from US to UK English, lol. If not, what's the UK version? :) )

Latest Discussions