Jinichi Kawakami Soke Website's and Videos.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~bankeshinobi/navi04.htm

http://www.freewebs.com/bankeshinobinodenkensyujyo/index.htm

[yt]WIX-tLYWAp4[/yt]

[yt]XjFc2weuo4Y[/yt]

[yt]cGX_zLgmBQk[/yt]

[yt]91NHHU4r6qk[/yt]

[yt]pLVH8WmHOM4[/yt]

Okay thought's or opinions. Personally I am pretty neutral on this and if he and his art is real (documented) then good for him.
icon6.gif
(it effects my training not at all) My only dig on them is the claim to be the only or last true Ninja group. Still it really does not effect me as I will not be training with them.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any idea what his background is? Did he train with anyone legit, ie: Hatsumi? I neither read nor understand Japanese. Anyone here available to translate the site or some of the stuff on the clips?

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any idea what his background is? Did he train with anyone legit, ie: Hatsumi? I neither read nor understand Japanese. Anyone here available to translate the site or some of the stuff on the clips?

Hey Mike,

He definately did not train with Hatsumi Sensei. He was the curator at the Ieno Museum. As to who he trained with or other details I cannot help you out.
icon6.gif

eyebeams

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

He definately did not train with Hatsumi Sensei. He was the curator at the Ieno Museum. As to who he trained with or other details I cannot help you out.
icon6.gif

He isn't the actual curator. He has an honorary curatorship for donations and such. He claims to have been taught be a displaced medicine peddler named Masado Ishida after WW2.

For perspective, Hatsumi has a similar affiliation with the Togakushi museum/park.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
And, of course, Hatsumi isn't "The Last Ninja" or any other crap like that. He's as much as shameless self-promoter as anyone else.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And, of course, Hatsumi isn't "The Last Ninja" or any other crap like that. He's as much as shameless self-promoter as anyone else.

Well he is not only a martial genius but also a marketing genius! (meaning Hatsumi Sensei and good for him) Having seen him firsthand on many occasions he is truly one of a kind!
icon6.gif

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am hoping its not a crime to make some money off legit art cause if so then what is the point.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

The same could be said about certain Dutch Indo Sera(k) Pendekar/Maha Gurus... could be seen as a pot & kettle situation, or perhaps a blameless stone throwing thing. You get what I'm saying...

Of course, very few Silat masters have received government recognition, ya know?

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The point is that making money off of the martial arts is a subject for another thread.:)

Brian, I like the way these guys move. As an aikido-ka I can see similar movements in alot of their stuff. Don't know anything about the group and, like yourself, it won't affect my training any at all. Thanks for the videos. Always a pleasure to watch other folks train.

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I guess I miss worded my comment I meant to say what is the problem of promoting oneself and making money off teaching a legit art but thats not what I said I know , that should teach me to proof read my stuff.

Kichigai-no-Okami

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Okay thought's or opinions. Personally I am pretty neutral on this and if he and his art is real (documented) then good for him.
icon6.gif
(it effects my training not at all) My only dig on them is the claim to be the only or last true Ninja group. Still it really does not effect me as I will not be training with them.

Was about to ask the very same thing. He gives a cool presentation, but I'm not about to leave Hatsumi Soke's side to go whoring after this fella. He's got some moves, though. I"ll give him that.
On the claim of being the "only" or "last true ninja training group", one should be very wary of anyone that makes such a claim ; that kind of thing has the possibility of giving birth to many fraudulent "martial arts" training groups and/or people, that seek to dupe others into their "Way". TMA community's full of them.

Latest Discussions