Jin Jitsu in the park with fake black belt

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Note that's the title of the video. I came across this video of a class rolling and wonder what people thought. There's another video on the chanel of some guys calling out the instructor as a fake. Personally watching it (and note I'm only a 1 stripe white belt so I know my grappling knowledge is very limited) it looks like they do know basic positions like reaching for the opposite collar to get a sweet etc but doesn't look like blue or purple belt level.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The "black belt" didn't look like a black belt, but then again the blue and purple belts didn't look legit either. If that's supposed to be BJJ (they're wearing BJJ-style belts), then no one looked to be above white belt level.

I'm not just talking about the level of rolling. Even the basic techniques they were drilling had huge technical flaws.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Note that's the title of the video. I came across this video of a class rolling and wonder what people thought. There's another video on the chanel of some guys calling out the instructor as a fake. Personally watching it (and note I'm only a 1 stripe white belt so I know my grappling knowledge is very limited) it looks like they do know basic positions like reaching for the opposite collar to get a sweet etc but doesn't look like blue or purple belt level.

I'm wondering who nicked the wall of their,dojo?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The "black belt" didn't look like a black belt, but then again the blue and purple belts didn't look legit either. If that's supposed to be BJJ (they're wearing BJJ-style belts), then no one looked to be above white belt level.

I'm not just talking about the level of rolling. Even the basic techniques they were drilling had huge technical flaws.
Yeah, as I watched it, I though I could probably teach them to that level on most of those techniques. That's not a good thing.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, as I watched it, I though I could probably teach them to that level on most of those techniques. That's not a good thing.
I'm betting you could probably teach some of those techniques better than they were executing them. If not, I'll get you up to speed the next time you come through Lexington.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm betting you could probably teach some of those techniques better than they were executing them. If not, I'll get you up to speed the next time you come through Lexington.
You know, I used to go through Lexington twice a year. As soon as I had a reason to want to go there, my client stopped booking me in that area. I hate it when business doesn't bow to my MA needs.

Charlemagne

Black Belt
Reaction score
These vids made the rounds a while back, and they are definitely worth paying attention to. Sadly, there are still people who are falling for frauds, and people willing to defraud others. As one of the persons in the comments section noted, the guys are smiling and having a good time rolling, and it is obvious that they like it. It's too bad that they aren't with someone legitimate, as they would like it even more.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These vids made the rounds a while back, and they are definitely worth paying attention to. Sadly, there are still people who are falling for frauds, and people willing to defraud others. As one of the persons in the comments section noted, the guys are smiling and having a good time rolling, and it is obvious that they like it. It's too bad that they aren't with someone legitimate, as they would like it even more.

Absolutely nothing to do with your post but as you're from Texas just wanted to say hope you and yours are safe!( I do realise it's a big place and you could be miles away) :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing to do with your post but as you're from Texas just wanted to say hope you and yours are safe!( I do realise it's a big place and you could be miles away) :)
Texas is enormous. It's even bigger than it looks a map. I think it's part TARDIS.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Heck. I was actually feeling pretty good about myself watching that vid.

At least it looked like a nice day in the park.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looked like the purple belt was getting the best of the black belt.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looked like the purple belt was getting the best of the black belt.
Looked like the "purple belt" was getting the best of the "black belt".

It can certainly happen that a lower belt beats a higher belt in a given roll, for a variety of legitimate reasons. In this case the reason is that neither one really knows what they're doing and the ranks are not representative of BJJ standards.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine and teammate exposed that guy:
The shocking thing about that episode is that it turned out Quieroz actually had been awarded a purple belt from a legit instructor. He certainly doesn't move anything like I would expect from a purple belt. Makes me wonder if he had a brain injury and forgot everything he knew.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Blows my mind how one can try to fake BJJ. Kind of like faking sight if you're blind, you would keep bumping into things. Then fall off the curb and get hit by a Toyota.

OP
M

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
A good friend of mine and teammate exposed that guy:
Question about that guy then. He contradicted himself in the video. He said first he'd been doing it for 10 years then later on said he'd been doing it for 8 years

Latest Discussions