Jim Kelly - a small tribute

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
whenever a famous or well known martial artist passes away I tend to acknowledge it and look at thier achievement s and controbutions, recognize those and move on,.. but occasionally one seems to have an effect on me, even though I never knew them beyond thier fame or even if I was not really paying attention to them of late.

When I read about Jim Kelly passing away I found myself a bit stunned to hear and now I just wanted to say something about that

There are enough posts in memory of Jim Kelly on MT at the moment, and I am sorry if I have just posted one more, but I just felt I wanted to post some sort of tribute to one of the men that I see as one of the giants of MA and I am willing to admit I may see these people as giants because I grew up watching them and reading about them. To me Jim Kelly was one of those giants and I always tend to think of him in Enter the Dragon saying one line in particular and maybe it is that picture of Jim Kelly that made his passing stun me a bit

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Like you I can remember growing up and watching Jim Kelly. He really made Enter the Dragon a great movie. It truly is a shame that he is no longer with us! Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Kurai

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for taking me back to my childhood Xue Sheng. Brian already summed it up for me.

Latest Discussions