JCVD Helicopter Kick

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the vid, does the Helicopter kick actually exists outside of stunt/film work. GNT said jump spinning hook, come crescent kick. When I first saw "Kickboxer" just assumed it was just stunt work. Is there two ways that this kick can be done, or is it just pure eye candy from JCVD's perspective.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by just "stunt work", you don't need any stunt tricks, stunt men, CGI or cables etc to pull this one off.

It's a beautiful kick to execute and watch for fun. If executed in a fight with great timing (which is what you'll need or you will get owned from so many different angles) it's definitely KO material. Can I do it, yes absolutely but not as good as that ginger dude. Have I ever used it in a tournament, never. Would I ever use it on the street or in a tournament, almost 100% never - there are techs just as powerful or more so, far quicker and that don't open you up to the numerous vulnerabilities and risks of this kick.

I have seen plenty of donkey kicks and jumping / spinning back/rear kicks but have never seen this used in a full contact tournament.

Answer, great kick, 98.73% JCVD Eye-Candy.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by just "stunt work", you don't need any stunt tricks, stunt men, CGI or cables etc to pull this one off.

It's a beautiful kick to execute and watch for fun. If executed in a fight with great timing (which is what you'll need or you will get owned from so many different angles) it's definitely KO material. Can I do it, yes absolutely but not as good as that ginger dude. Have I ever used it in a tournament, never. Would I ever use it on the street or in a tournament, almost 100% never - there are techs just as powerful or more so, far quicker and that don't open you up to the numerous vulnerabilities and risks of this kick.

I have seen plenty of donkey kicks and jumping / spinning back/rear kicks but have never seen this used in a full contact tournament.

Answer, great kick, 98.73% JCVD Eye-Candy.

Like I thought then. Eye candy, what I meant by stunt work fella :)

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Like I thought then. Eye candy, what I meant by stunt work fella :)
Got it! Stunt-Candy!! :)

That said, I knew a girl called Candy a long time back, even better it was with a "K", as in Kandy. What a dame.:)
Also once, a girl called Jade.

Any girl called Candy / Kandy or Jade, don't mess up your chances.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it! Stunt-Candy!! :)

That said, I knew a girl called Candy a long time back, even better it was with a "K", as in Kandy. What a dame.:)
Also once, a girl called Jade.

Any girl called Candy / Kandy or Jade, don't mess up your chances.

Sounds like a Barbie to me lol Stunt-Candy nice term man :)

Latest Discussions