Japan Rattled By 7.4-Magnitude Quake - 04-07-2011

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Japan Rattled By 7.4-Magnitude Quake, Markets Shake

Forbes

The Examiner

According to ABC7 News, the quake that happened on Thursday was a 7.4 magnitude. It occurred 25 miles (40 kilometers) below the water and struck off the coast of the Miyagi prefecture. Last month's earthquake in Japan was measured as a 9.0-magnitude.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
what, 3 weeks ago or so (or how long has it been?!)
That would have been 'the big one'
oh my...

(Starting to wonder if the Mayans were not right with their date...)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
(Starting to wonder if the Mayans were not right with their date...)
Me too... I may or may not get back to you on the Validity of the Mayan prediction on January 01, 2013 :D
The recent upheavals around the planet or more specifically Pacific plates could just be a precursor to upcoming disasters... or basically a natural part of the planet's life cycle. To say that we know all about the planet is stupid. We understand a lot but not all of it. Same with Global Warming... how do we KNOW that it isn't just a regular cycle of the planet? Oh sure our pollution has made a contribution, I'll agree on that... but until we know for positive...
Remember how warm the entire plane was 65 million years ago when dinosaurs roamed... wasn't that global warming?...
So much we don't know about our home. So much that we do.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The recent upheavals around the planet or more specifically Pacific plates could just be a precursor to upcoming disasters... or basically a natural part of the planet's life cycle. To say that we know all about the planet is stupid. We understand a lot but not all of it. Same with Global Warming... how do we KNOW that it isn't just a regular cycle of the planet? Oh sure our pollution has made a contribution, I'll agree on that... but until we know for positive...
Remember how warm the entire plane was 65 million years ago when dinosaurs roamed... wasn't that global warming?...
So much we don't know about our home. So much that we do.

It was also a more circular orbit of the sun and a different axis tilt that made it warmer in the time of the dinosaurs. In the Geological history of the earth it also came darn close during one of the ice ages to being to white (reflective) for life.

As for the Mayan calendar stuff. It is simply a sensationalized misinterpretation of the cycles of the calendar which was sensationalized for the purposes of a movie

Latest Discussions