It's about time

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
3...2... 1...Lift Off!

yahoo news said:
LONDON - Virgin Galactic, the British company created by entrepreneur Richard Branson to send tourists into space, and New Mexico announced an agreement Tuesday for the state to build a $225 million spaceport.

My concern is the funding of the ship by an M$ co-founder. The thing could very well BSOD in-flight.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's big news here in NM, where it's expected to be a big boost to the state's economy and image.

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I used to live in Alamogordo, just east of White Sands Missile Range. The local economy definitely needs a boost.

OP
OnlyAnEgg

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Henderson said:
This is just another way for those people with way too much money, to waste it. Rich boys toys.

That's the cynical POV and, partially, I agree with it; but, it's also the beginning of a new world. That may sound all dreamy and naive; but, it's still true.

arnisador said:
It's big news here in NM, where it's expected to be a big boost to the state's economy and image.

I imagine so. $220 mil for the port alone (and you know that number will grow) as well as all the jobs it will generate. I'm in the wrong state right now. I'd love to watch this happen!

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
How much would you spend for a trip into space? How about these three questions:

1: How much for a short excursion (upper atmosphere perhaps, just starting to feel weightlessness, lets say an hour)
2: How much for a longer excursion (lets say 12 hours)
3: A long time (a month in a space station)

OP
OnlyAnEgg

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
How much would you spend for a trip into space? How about these three questions:

1: How much for a short excursion (upper atmosphere perhaps, just starting to feel weightlessness, lets say an hour) About a thousand
2: How much for a longer excursion (lets say 12 hours) Nearing tens of thousands
3: A long time (a month in a space station)multiple tens of thousands

Not that I have the money, of course. I would really just stow away as Vito Cornelius did.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anything short of going to the Space Station seems like a waste of money to me. I still need to visit Antarctica!

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Anything short of going to the Space Station seems like a waste of money to me. I still need to visit Antarctica!

Let me know if you need a travel buddy LOL.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:

New Mexico need some help with the economy, Nice place to go snow skiing.
Terry

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
New Mexico need some help with the economy, Nice place to go snow skiing.

We woke up to snow on the ground for the first time this morning. The mountains are definitely snow-covered!

Latest Discussions