It makes you wonder...

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was over to my Parents house they other day with the 4 Ruffians and my brother was there with his 11 year-old son as well. Loren looks out the window and starts laughing and remarks "Scott, it looks as though the apples didn't fall far from the trees when it comes to our kids." I look out to see my 2 oldest and their cousin plotting together and captured the moment with the following picture. We let them do it a couple of times, then stopped them feeling they were pushing their collective luck. But, I had to agree, our boys were following in their fathers footsteps because I remember doing the EXACT same thing with Loren when we were that age. Makes you wonder what the teen-age years hold in store for us...:eek:

Attachments

• $Daredevels.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 97

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well Scott with four ruffians you have your hands full.
icon6.gif

OP
bydand

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well Scott with four ruffians you have your hands full.
icon6.gif

I think I willfor sure. Right now though they are still a blast and don't have the attitude yet.

Well, at least the one on the bike is wearing a helmet!!!

Aside from it being a state law for anyone under 16 to have a helmet while on a bike, with Mom being an ER nurse they wear it no matter what. Always been a rule of the house and even the wife and I wear one while biking, lead by example you know.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are you suffering the Mothers curse of "I hope you have kids that act like you did at that age???"...We did those things and worse and we turned out all right..Didn't we??? LOL!!!

OP
bydand

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are you suffering the Mothers curse of "I hope you have kids that act like you did at that age???"...We did those things and worse and we turned out all right..Didn't we??? LOL!!!

depends on who you ask. My wife just shakes her head and mutters "I don't get how boys play." or blames it on my genes. :) I have to agree though, that is why I am worried about the teen years.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
that is why I am worried about the teen years.

Remind me to tell you the story of my playing Superman on the roof of my moving car sometime...Naww,better not.. It will give you nightmares...

OP
bydand

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Remind me to tell you the story of my playing Superman on the roof of my moving car sometime...Naww,better not.. It will give you nightmares...

Were we separated at birth or something? Been there done that in college, no alcohol involved either. :banghead:

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I never thought of using car ramps when we where young!! Cool!!
We resorted to a peice of plywood and cement blocks or logs. (sometimes the wood would break other times the log would move). We didn't know about landing ramps either. Atleast they are smart kids. Helmets where for riding motorcycles when I was growing up.

I just put a book on reserve at the library. "The Dangerous Book for Boys". I'll probably end up buying it. Boys are fun to raise. I got two teen boys and a preteen daughter. She's pretty tough.

He caught some good air too!

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score

The movie "Teenwolf" was a bad influence on us when I was in high school. Reflecting back; I'm lucky to be alive.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Were we separated at birth or something? Been there done that in college, no alcohol involved either. :banghead:

Same here, no booze...Except I never went to college..SO did the cops bust you too???

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The movie "Teenwolf" was a bad influence on us when I was in high school. Reflecting back; I'm lucky to be alive.

Dude, you were surfing on the roof of a large utility van??? Cool!!!!

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Dude, you were surfing on the roof of a large utility van??? Cool!!!!

No not a van. My buddy had a New Yorker. And my other buddy had a Chevy truck we used to crawl from the cab to the bed and back while going down the hi-way. And we really didn't surf that long I would get to my feet and panic. We weren't going all that fast either. I didn't have my helmet on that time either. We where pretty stupid.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh my GAWD!!! I'm not even their mother and *I* need a drink now!

Proud mother of a 8-yr-old untrained acrobat.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No not a van. My buddy had a New Yorker. And my other buddy had a Chevy truck we used to crawl from the cab to the bed and back while going down the hi-way. And we really didn't surf that long I would get to my feet and panic. We weren't going all that fast either. I didn't have my helmet on that time either. We where pretty stupid.

We've all done them..If someone says "nay" I call them a liar...

OP
bydand

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I never thought of using car ramps when we where young!! Cool!!
We resorted to a peice of plywood and cement blocks or logs. Atleast they are smart kids. Helmets where for riding motorcycles when I was growing up.

He caught some good air too!

Same here with the POS plywood and cement blocks. The one in the air is my nephew and he has been riding motocross for a few summers now. He races his Kawasaki in 6 or 7 races a summer and does quite well. Translates it over to a bicycle rather well.

Latest Discussions