Is this real?

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MSUTKD said:
Why not show him getting into or out of that position. Funny how people think martial arts is meta-physical. Hard work just does not do it anymore. Take a physics class.

ron

I would be interested in hearing how physics prove that feat impossible.

7sm

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jdinca said:
Just think of what he could do to you with that finger. Just imagine what kind of hand strength he must have had.

What he could do and what strength he must have are not exactly martial skill. There is no martial application to that excersize, it simply a show of strength. Strength is of no use without the ability to apply it.

7sm

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
7*... no worries. Hai Deng is gone & so are his skills. I've heard of no martial successor to him so they're lost.

MSUTKD is jealous. :D No worries at all.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
MSUTKD said:
Why not show him getting into or out of that position. Funny how people think martial arts is meta-physical. Hard work just does not do it anymore. Take a physics class.

ron

Wht even bring "Meta-physical" into it.

He to could have accomplished it through hard work. If it is real, I am sure it isn't or in his case wasn't easy.

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
What he could do and what strength he must have are not exactly martial skill. There is no martial application to that excersize, it simply a show of strength. Strength is of no use without the ability to apply it.

7sm

Not necessarily true. Unfortunately, this is all we've seen him do. Every point on the body can be used as a weapon. Think of what that finger could do jabbed between the ribs? The smaller the striking surface, the greater the focus of the energy released at impact.

I think the video points more to mental self discipline than anything else. That is an aspect of MA. :)

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What I'm saying is the martial application of that specific act is pretty low. The martial implication may be higher, but thats a thinner line to walk.

7sm

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
What I'm saying is the martial application of that specific act is pretty low. The martial implication may be higher, but thats a thinner line to walk.

7sm
But if this is real, just how hard do you think this guy could have punched with that much strength

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
7starmantis said:

7sm

Gotcha! Let's agree to agree. :)

Latest Discussions