Is this real?

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't believe that's possible, at any age.

dmax999

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I know four fingers is possible, index and middle of both hands. Never heard of this before, but from the four finger handstand I saw I don't think that it is completely impossible.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
And I suppose if anyone could do this, it would be a monk.

Not that I wouldn't be inclined to agree, but why do you say that?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sam said:
Not that I wouldn't be inclined to agree, but why do you say that?

Based on the amount of time Taoist and Shaolin Monks dedicate to things such as Martial Arts, Qi training, Meditation and Spiritual development (24/7/365).

Also in the subtitles it referred to him as a monk

And, although I could be wrong, this guy looks like a Taoist and Taoists demonstrate amazing feats of strength from time to time. The one that I saw, although not as impressive as this, was a Taoist sitting on the floor cross legged, putting his hands on the floor, lifting and holding his body off of the ground and supporting his entire weight on just the forefinger and thumb of his right and left hand. His leg position stayed the same, just off of the floor.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
would have been nice to see him go about it rather than it cutting str8 to the scene of him in it.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's monk Hai Deng. Lots of stuff out there on the web about him.

Yes... its real. Maybe not like when he was a young man, but the supporting his weight on his fingers like that only... is real.

Say what you will about it since he's dead & no one else is practicing his skill, but the video doesn't lie & is pre CGI in China.

OP
yipman_sifu

yipman_sifu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
clfsean said:
It's monk Hai Deng. Lots of stuff out there on the web about him.

Yes... its real. Maybe not like when he was a young man, but the supporting his weight on his fingers like that only... is real.

Say what you will about it since he's dead & no one else is practicing his skill, but the video doesn't lie & is pre CGI in China.

Well if that is real, say it is one of the most amazing things I have ever noticed.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its not so unbelievable that its real is it? We have students that practice three finger headstand pushups. If one of our students can do that, I have no problem believing someone who dedicates their time to it could do this feat. I would have to ask for the martial application of it, but it certainly can be done. If Chan Pui can jump off the top of his buildings into the splits, I think this is pretty reasonable.

7sm

MSUTKD

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Why not show him getting into or out of that position. Funny how people think martial arts is meta-physical. Hard work just does not do it anymore. Take a physics class.

ron

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Cujo said:
It may be possible, but whats the point?
Pax
Cujo

Just think of what he could do to you with that finger. Just imagine what kind of hand strength he must have had.

Latest Discussions