Is this allowed in MMA?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
imho spiking in mma contex is more like vertical movement like pile driver, so they think suplex is not in that criteria.
while downward elbow, only for 12 to 6 elbow that is banned, while 11 to 7 is permissible...
99 facts for the diehard MMA fan, Part 4 - Mixed Martial Arts News

btw. from one fc website rules, there is nowhere mentioned that biting is illegal, only spitting is...

The 'facts from MMA' series is very good but apart from one or two mentions of other promotions it's all about the UFC. There is a whole planetful of MMA out there! :idunno:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they really need a rule for this?!

I mean what kind of people are entering these MMA competitions?

People off the street sometimes. I've heard of shows where they were a fighter down and paid some local 'hard man' to come in and fight. On the other hand MMA in the early days was marketed as 'no rules' which meant getting venues to fight in could be hard to get and in America where MMA has to be overlooked by a State body they would never get a show off the ground. By putting rules like that they can show they are behaving nicely.
There are still fights in some places that have no rules I'm told, most of these type of things are for betting and you tend to need a rule or two to enable bets to be made without arguing who won.

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The 'facts from MMA' series is very good but apart from one or two mentions of other promotions it's all about the UFC. There is a whole planetful of MMA out there! :idunno:

not actually, there are some mention in pride, the first biggest mma org before being bought by ufc. And to me it is more about recognized fighter than it's org. And more to revolution on mma rather than spesific org.
Ufc happened to be mention more because it hold stables of best fighter and as the only mma org in north america that actually put grease in legalizing mma in us.

Now talking about one fc, it is like the second birth of pride (that adapt pride mma rules now), with many asian top fighters actually choose to sign with one fc and snub ufc deals because one fc gives more lucrative deals, like ben askren 7 figure deals.

And talking about illegal prize fighting. Rumored, in my hometown, a five star hotel hold it underground by invitation only. And one of the winner back then was a local security guard that beat a big african fighter. with $3000 prize it is about his regular work salary for a year.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, but while Googling I found the right fella - Conor McGregor.

Conor is one of John Kavanagh's too, I've watched him fight on Cage Rage and Cage Warriors, not bad but maybe won't go too far.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conor is one of John Kavanagh's too, I've watched him fight on Cage Rage and Cage Warriors, not bad but maybe won't go too far.

He will, Irish heart. He has got something, outside of the normal. Nah, he knows which **** is real :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He will, Irish heart. He has got something, outside of the normal. Nah, he knows which **** is real :)

LOL, we'll see, be fun to see what happens. John Kavanagh is a great coach and great fun, he beguiles the English girls with his Irish charm (that's fun to watch too!) his gym is producing some great fighters.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, we'll see, be fun to see what happens. John Kavanagh is a great coach and great fun, he beguiles the English girls with his Irish charm (that's fun to watch too!) his gym is producing some great fighters.

Not interested in what is, just was was. Time, oh yeah!

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was random.

Yeah it certainly was. I was having bad word blindness issues. I kept missing out so many words. What I was trying to convey, and obviously very badly, was that Conor seems like the usual hype would be a bit restrictive. You know like the hype is not wanted. I first saw him fight on that UFC show on Channel 5. Just kind of caught a televisual vibe that kind of said, just let me fight. Sorry if that is random too, the best I can do translate my thoughts into that post. Also I was not attempting to be rude BTW!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance I could borrow the bus pass? :D Sorry could not resist :)

Oh don't start, it makes me mad! I don't get a bus pass until I get to state pension age which at the moment is 63 but it keeps going up every time I look! I have my MOD pension but currently the state pension is getting further and further away. For non Brits, women used to get pension, bus pass etc at 60 but those dear Tories changed it. We now have to wait and wait and wait........

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh don't start, it makes me mad! I don't get a bus pass until I get to state pension age which at the moment is 63 but it keeps going up every time I look! I have my MOD pension but currently the state pension is getting further and further away. For non Brits, women used to get pension, bus pass etc at 60 but those dear Tories changed it. We now have to wait and wait and wait........

Yeah I really could launch the modern day view of Britain, but know restraint is the PC view now!!

Latest Discussions