Is there a way to confirm this place is 'legit'?

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi-

Been some time since I've been around these forums (fora?); been working and going back to school (again! Hello IT degree!).

I'm not 100% sure that the Ninjutsu sub-forum is the right place for this, but it seemed appropriate given the content of the website.

I saw this advertised at my college, and wanted to see if there's a way I can check the instructor's credentials- I'm not overly familiar with the organizations involved.

http://www.taijutsuselfdefense.com/index.html

It looks interesting, but I don't want to spend time looking at a 'fly-by-night' McDojo that's using a diluted form just because it 'sounds cool'.

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well it definaty has some merit to it. It is Bujinkan so you have the lineage aspect covered, the teacher David Moorefield who I have met on an occasion somewhere I can't remember travels pretty regularly to Japan to upgrade and get teachings so, really the rest is up to you and to see if it is a good fit and good chemistry. Go see them and give it a few classes, see how you feel.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I know, they seem legit. They appear to be connected to the overall Bujinkan organization, which is Hatsumi's organization.

Contact the guy and check 'em out. One note: the facility that they're teaching at is a very commercial TKD club -- or at least was a few years back. Doesn't mean this group is a problem -- just that you can almost certainly rely on a bunch of kids leaving as you're arriving.

OP
Jonathan

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ah, yeah, I know that place- it's literally across the street from my university!

Thanks for your insight, folks! :asian:

Inazuma

White Belt
Reaction score
I've known Dave for a long time. He's a super nice guy and a good teacher. You'd be lucky to have him as your teacher.

Latest Discussions