Is there a relationship between Kung Fu and Yoga?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Whatever. Seems you don’t have a theory to put forth. The clown [emoji1782] suits you.
seems you dont hace a watch or even a calendar it was febuary when i replied to your post and now its October

its bit late to come back with a witty retort

Bobbycat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
In general, there are some internal similarities between Yoga and internal martial arts, in particular, the bone breathing techniques, increase the body awareness, system of energetic body centers (chakras and Dan Tians), and rising the energy along/inside the spinal cord through energetic centers. Also, spiritual development is a common goal in Yoga and high level internal martial arts.

Last edited:

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
In general, there are some internal similarities between Yoga and internal martial arts, in particular, the bone breathing techniques, increase the body awareness, system of energetic body centers (chakras and Dan Tians), and rising the energy along/inside the spinal cord through energetic centers. Also, spiritual development is a common goal in Yoga and high level internal martial arts.

Breath is life. It's even more important than water.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Agree with all except the spiritual development bit.

Never an original intent of CIMA. It comes from a mistranslation/interpretation. Much like Kung Fu is not what the Chinese called martial arts. They called it Wushu, but it took Kung Fu (hard work) to be good at martial arts. Spirit mean mind to the Chinese and had little or nothing to do with Spiritual. That came later when the west got a hold of it and decided it meant spiritual

Bobbycat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Xue Sheng,
Do you continue Xing Yi practice? I hope your knee is better. I am a big fan of Sun style and, as I remember, Sun Lu Tang in his writings several times mentioned that there are some similarities between high levels of Xing Yi Quan and Daoism.
Writing that could be interesting for you

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hi Xue Sheng,
Do you continue Xing Yi practice? I hope your knee is better. I am a big fan of Sun style and, as I remember, Sun Lu Tang in his writings several times mentioned that there are some similarities between high levels of Xing Yi Quan and Daoism.
Writing that could be interesting for you

Knee still has me out of commission, not sure Xingyiquan wi ever return. Thanks, I have read a lot from Sun Lutang, I will look at this, thanks. You may also be interested in things from Wang Xiangzhai

Latest Discussions