Is that a "Sharkie" in your carry-on bag...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On a few occasions, I've joked about often having an official, high-tech, marking pasak stick with me...and...then...posted a picture of a green Sharpie. ;)

Well...apparantly some folks at Cold Steel had a similar idea, and made their own version of it.

Meet...the "Sharkie". Simple, but bloody brilliant.

Glass-reinforced plastic, thicker walls, and a stay-in-place screwcap.

I don't expect the TSA to have issues with it, but I'll find out for sure around Thanksgiving :D

Too cool. I use a marker all the time at work too. Just may have to pick up a couple. Thanks for the link, I'll be using it shortly to order a couple.

Cool and it truthfully is not to expensive which is also good.
icon6.gif

No it's not. I think it would be difficult to find a regular pasak stick for $5.95...let alone one that has its own camo :D

My only concern would be can I take the cold steel logo off with acetone or somthing similar?

To me its too obvious.

Other than that its great.

Very kewl. I agree about the logo. Sanding it down would probably just make the pen look ugly.

One of my friends and training buddies has two daughters, 8 and 13. The girls had been homeschooled up until now and have just entered public school. There is a strict "no weapons" policy, so he gave the older one a Sharkie and taught her how to use it. There have been no problems with the school administration.

My only concern would be can I take the cold steel logo off with acetone or somthing similar?

To me its too obvious.

Other than that its great.
Yeah, that label's pretty obvious.

Duct tape fixes everything! ;)

I agree that the labeling seems to counter the purpose of not drawing attention to its intended purpose. Otherwise, a great idea!

I'm thinking..... stocking stuffers!

A little online surfing shows that they actually retail for about $2 less.

Latest Discussions

Back