Is OJ Simpson bragging now?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
O.J. Simpson to discuss killings Wed Nov 15, 12:09 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Fox plans to broadcast an interview with O.J. Simpson in which the former football star discusses "how he would have committed" the slayings of his ex-wife and her friend, for which he was acquitted, the network said.

The two-part interview, titled "O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened," will air Nov. 27 and Nov. 29, the TV network said.

Simpson has agreed to an "unrestricted" interview with book publisher Judith Regan, Fox said.

"O.J. Simpson, in his own words, tells for the first time how he would have committed the murders if he were the one responsible for the crimes," the network said in a statement. "In the two-part event, Simpson describes how he would have carried out the murders he has vehemently denied committing for over a decade."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061115/ap_on_en_tv/simpson_interview

Ok now wait a second... the man "vehemently denies killing his wife and her lover..." then he writes a book saying "... well, if it HAD been me this is how I would've done it!" You know, if the original investigators of the crime read this book and find little details about the crime that "no-one else" would know... sigh, too bad they can't convict on the same crime twice.
But ya know, this is kinda stupid don't cha think? Almost the same thing as that movie "Basic Instinct".
Obviously the man really didn't love Nicole as much as he thought he did when he married her. Else he wouldn't be dragging up her body from the grave (so-to-speak) and talking about how he would've done it.
Of course it's got to be a semi-clever ruse to try and keep the spotlight of guilt off of him by saying "the killer done it this way... I would've done it that way... so there's no way that I could've done it since the killer did the murders opposite of how I would've done them..."
SIGH... after all these years... he must've channelled his character Norbert (Police Squad films) into his own psyche.

As Bugs Bunny would say... "What a maroon!"

airdawg

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Money talks. I have intimate knowledge of the case. I have trained with several officers that were involved. Lets just say gui..

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
who knows....truth be told I think of him...um...never....

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A certain Simpson was hogging the OC freeways when my now ex was due for visitation. It was right before a hearing for a protective order, so I'll never forget OJ and simply believe he's guilty.

I won't buy his book - I refuse to put ANY money towards that man and I heartily suggest everyone else here follows suit.

That man should be ashamed of himself.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorta reminds me of Pete Rose. Not equating murder with gambling, the the simularity of athletes witha lot of talent whose personal lives have left them on the outside looking in and will do desperate things to raise money now

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
He isn't worth the time to type this. One of the disadvantages of being gifted (Physically(beauty), athletically, charismatically or academically) is that you often get a free pass in some aspect of your life and character fails to develop. We'll never know whether he was destined to be so sociopathic or if his athletic skill and charm prevented him from getting the lessons he needed earlier in life.

Jeff

modarnis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I won't buy his book - I refuse to put ANY money towards that man and I heartily suggest everyone else here follows suit.

Too many people will buy it for the curiosity factor though

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
A certain Simpson was hogging the OC freeways when my now ex was due for visitation. It was right before a hearing for a protective order, so I'll never forget OJ and simply believe he's guilty.

I totally agree

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't disagree. Please allow me to shake my head at that fact (not at you) in disgust.

Does the money go to pay his court convitions? :( ** Shakes head with Shesulsa **

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
I for one think that it is an absolute shame that Fox would put this on national tv.. I mean the guy has a right to make a living, but c'mon!!! The way this was advertised in my area. Was that Mr.Simpson was going to explain how he would have committed the murders, if he had actually committed them! I just strikes me as very,very crass...

1stJohn1:9

airdawg

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I for one think that it is an absolute shame that Fox would put this on national tv.. I mean the guy has a right to make a living, but c'mon!!! The way this was advertised in my area. Was that Mr.Simpson was going to explain how he would have committed the murders, if he had actually committed them! I just strikes me as very,very crass...

1stJohn1:9

Amen

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
yes. he's bragging. got away with murder and now is going to show how you can too. or what else is the point of this? to confess without confessing? but then what about the families who he lost civil cases too? still dogding paying them the penalties they won. cause he didn't do it... to them. to you and i and the rest of the viewing public-- sure he did.

the publisher of the book is being vilified.

but i still think it's that rather MORONIC bunch of jurers who ultimately are to blame for the madness that is now OJ INC. -- his lawyers may have been smart dudes- but with a ton of blood and dna as evidence, with no other suspect then and now with any motive, with the ludicrous idea that 100s of law enforcement officers, lab teks, DAs would in a mere matter of hours conjure up the most elaborate police conspiracy in history to peg a crime on a celebrity that they mostly up to that point liked... for these jurors to sit and listen to the clear evidence that amounted to 100s of hours of presentation and then in minutes dismiss it all. high five OJ afterwards. go on a celebration trip to the bahamas with him.

it's the jurors that need to be glared at here.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

From the article:
Second, it would be hard to make a civil-rights charge stick, given the facts of the case: O.J. isn't a government employee; the victims weren't murdered on public property; and there's no evidence of a hate crime.

This makes me mad. As if it was a white male who had killed an African American Women and Male, it could be called a hate crime. Yet the other way around, it cannot. Equality is Equality. The law should not be biased in any direction based upon sex, creed, religion or what have you.

But it would be expensive and many would think it a waste of money.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of course he's bragging. He gets some limelight, something that he has always craved. We all know he did the dirty deed. Unfortunately, this is where double jeopardy protects him.

Does the money go to pay his court convitions? :( ** Shakes head with Shesulsa **

Basically, any money he makes from this incident will be put towards paying off the judgement that the Goldman family won in civil court. OJ Simpson will not make any money off this.

He doesn't need the money anyways, since he's already living off his large pension, that the judgement cannot touch.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
From the article:

This makes me mad. As if it was a white male who had killed an African American Women and Male, it could be called a hate crime. Yet the other way around, it cannot. Equality is Equality. The law should not be biased in any direction based upon sex, creed, religion or what have you.

But it would be expensive and many would think it a waste of money.

That might be true if he'd killed them beause they were white.

Of course, he obviously hated them.......:confused:

Latest Discussions