Iran families must pay $3,000 a bullet

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That is, $3,000 a bullet to get back the dead body of a family member shot and killed during the protests. Rather appalling, but true. According to a woman I saw interviewed on CNN today who's name escapes me, and who got kicked out of Teheran University for refusing to wear clothing over her head, in the past they not only had to pay the $3,000 to recover the body, the body was literally tossed into a mass burial hole called "the grave of the damned" to further humiliate the family! This is rather outrageous, I hope the revolution in Iran succeeds, these kinds of practices are rather horrific indeed!

Last edited:

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not too surprising. I think it was the USSR that billed the surviving family for the bullet shot into the back of the head of their loved one.

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
China still does, supposedly.......

China bill the families of executed criminals for the cost of the bullet. I am against the death penalty, but it makes sense to the tax payer for criminals to be executed as cheaply and swiftly as possible. When idiots like Scott Peterson and Tookie Williams lounge in prison for years at taxpayers expense, obtain degrees and are afforded better health care than most of the rest of us, it makes me rather sick. The whole system is a pisstake.

The Iran situation is appauling, but there will be no effective revolution. Dissenters have no faith in the US to back them up. The 'Bay of pigs' still rings in ears of all dissenters and the UN is going to continue to blow smoke up Ahmadinejad's ****.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow thats crazy.
I found it interesting how they are enforcing the "rules" so to speak.
I did not know until recently that they have regional military involvement.
They brought in military people from a completely different area of the country, many of whom speak arabic rather then the farsi that is mostly spoken in the area. Cut out the local military people who are probably partially sympathetic with these people, and bring in a group that not only has no connections, but in many cases cant even communicate.
Horrible things going on over there... The big question for me is what will happen? Does Obama have the guts to go to war if things get out of control over there? I have some friends with family in Iran, they say the situation is explosive over there and seem to be expecting it to go from bad to really worse pretty soon.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow thats crazy.
They brought in military people from a completely different area of the country, many of whom speak arabic rather then the farsi that is mostly spoken in the area. Cut out the local military people who are probably partially sympathetic with these people, and bring in a group that not only has no connections, but in many cases cant even communicate.
Horrible things going on over there... The big question for me is what will happen? Does Obama have the guts to go to war if things get out of control over there? I have some friends with family in Iran, they say the situation is explosive over there and seem to be expecting it to go from bad to really worse pretty soon.

Go to war in Iran if it get’s out of control? Why?

If the US or NATO for that matter got involved in every little domestic conflict that happened, you would be at war all the time. Our children dying, our tax dollars pissed down the drain for people who don’t give a rat’s *** about you. There are government sponsored mass murders in almost all third/second world **** holes that exist.

There are many conflicts that the world needed to stop 1000x worse then this one, and we sat on our hands, there are conflicts going on now that the world should be stopping, and we don’t. Generally, if it’s within a country’s borders, we leave them alone, once it spreads, we got problems.

Sadly the world order isn’t about democracy, or human rights, it’s about regional stability. For the most part the world just wants Iran’s problems to stay in Iran. The Iranian people, the Persian people are resourceful, intelligent and capable; they will free themselves in good order, as a result they will have a higher value of their freedom, because they accomplished it themselves.

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow thats crazy.

Why should American soldiers have to handle this? We have our hands full in Iraq and Afghanistan fighting wars that our government and "allied" host countries refuse to let our soldiers win. Besides we are not in any shape financially to take on another front. No American blood should be spilled getting mixed up yet again in another country's civil war. Not our fight. Let the Saudis handle it.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey I don't want to go to war with Iran, but with their nuclear program I would imagine that if things start getting out of control there that the rest of the world would be concerned about that technology and where it ends up. I am not talking about a dictator smacking around a few students, or a few thousand students, I am talking if the country really begins to start looking like there is a power struggle going on.
Hell I don't want to waste money anywhere on the planet, Iraq was a waste of money, not necessarily for going to war as much as the billions wasted on the different projects over there.... curious how much of the money spent on that was wasted to corruption and theft?... anyways thats another thread of its own..

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey I don't want to go to war with Iran, but with their nuclear program I would imagine that if things start getting out of control there that the rest of the world would be concerned about that technology and where it ends up. I am not talking about a dictator smacking around a few students, or a few thousand students, I am talking if the country really begins to start looking like there is a power struggle going on.
Hell I don't want to waste money anywhere on the planet, Iraq was a waste of money, not necessarily for going to war as much as the billions wasted on the different projects over there.... curious how much of the money spent on that was wasted to corruption and theft?... anyways thats another thread of its own..

Don't worry, If Iran even comes close to producing a nuke....Israel will hit their facilities hard.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
The hell are you talking about, war with Iran, we gotta wrap up and get outta the ones we're IN, never mind the second US civil war that may manifest depending on how idiotic the current administration decides to continue to be.

No More Helping Anyone Till We Fix Ourselves.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions