intention or result

B

Bushigokoro9

Simple answer, Intention.

For those who have time to waste please read on.

Are you asking does form follow function or does function follow form? Are you asking thought followed by cause and effect or vise versa? Are we discussing metaphysics or a particular aspect of life? (Note metaphysics incorporates all aspects of life depending on your view point)

Regarding your question I will asume that it is focused on Martial Arts (since it is posted on Martial Talk but in the Philosophy section) on a conflict between two or more opponents. There are many quotes that one can say to explain a person's answer. The believe the key is following the laws of nature and knowing principles.

In a conflict there are variables. A conflict at it's base level occurs in 4 demensions.

a line or curve of longitude
a line or curve of latitude
a line or curve of height/depth
and time

During this conflict you have certian operating factors: speed, distance and time. All of these are independent but also related (mathematically as well) to one another. By understanding these factors I control a lot more than the fight or struggle. For example he who controls space by remaining in balance and destroying the structure of his opponent (balance) will gain victory. This is another topic that should be dicussed in detail in another thread, back to the point. I believe that Sun Tsu stated "he who gains the advantage of heaven and earth will be victorious"

I believe that all this needs to be done by intension. I intented or will by body to move or not to move in certain ways that forces by opponent to lose balance. He can not move nor can he remain there. After a while I will put this in my subconcsious. Thus I will free my mind so that I do not hinder,linger or stop. Thus I remain in the moment, the now. A famous poem explains this:

It is the mind
that is the mind
confusing the mind.
Do not leave the mind,
O mind,
to the mind.

Now can I operate and be victorious on only results? Yes, but I do not fully control my universe or sphere of influence then. I think a higher level is to intend my opponenet to go actually where I want him (intention), not chasing after him (lack for a better term) when I move (results). I want him to be here so he is! Thus I am in control because I intended to. Now results help me to understand principles which teach me how I intentionally control my opponent. Again a higher level of this is to control without being seen, heard or felt. To set up outcomes naturally so it appears that it could of not happen any other way.

I intend to understand the laws of nature. I intend to direct harmony and even disharmony within the universe. As long as I do not brake the laws of nature I am safe, no? Am I there yet? No frigging way! I do try deligently though.

I am sure if you have trouble sleeping just reread this post. The above statements are of only one mans opinions. Sorry for the long answer, could of went longer but I will spare you for I appreciate time as well.

Best Regards,
Bushigokoro

Latest Discussions