Instructor's instructor (Hey Miles!)

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Miles:

Can you confirm that GM Park, Hae Man was a student of GM Uhm, Uoon Kyu the current WTF head?

J

JanneM

I'm not Miles but isn't Chung Won Choue the head of WTF at the moment?

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Iceman,

Im with you, I believe that Uhm Woon Kyu is head of the WTF - also I will try and inquire for you about Mr. Pak Hae Man.

My instructor is Chung Yun Sung a 9th Degree certified by the Chung Do Kwan of which Uhm Woon Kyu is the Kwan Jang!

TAEKWON!
SPooKeY

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
GM Park, Hae Man's instructor is GM Uhm, Woon Kyu who is President of Chung Do Kwan and Kukkiwon. (Note, I am spelling GM Uhm's name as it is now shown on the Instructor certificate-but I have seen it Romanized "Uoon" as well.)

GM Park stated GM Uhm was his instructor at a Summer Camp I attended in 2004. GM Park is a really neat guy-he rode his bike through the fields at 6am while we were jogging.

Dr. Chungwon Choue is President of the WTF as Janne mentioned.

Miles

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Miles,

Thanks for the correction...you know im a Chang Hon Taekwon-Do fellow...

I managed to find this list online...

February 15, 2004: Dr. Un Yong Kim resigns his presidency of the WTF.
March 2, 2004: Uhm, Woon Kyu elected president of the Kukkiwon.
June 11, 2004: Dr. Chung Won Choue elected new president of the WTF.

On a Taekwondo timeline!

TAEKWON!
SpooKeY

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Miles said:
GM Park, Hae Man's instructor is GM Uhm, Woon Kyu who is President of Chung Do Kwan and Kukkiwon. (Note, I am spelling GM Uhm's name as it is now shown on the Instructor certificate-but I have seen it Romanized "Uoon" as well.)

GM Park stated GM Uhm was his instructor at a Summer Camp I attended in 2004. GM Park is a really neat guy-he rode his bike through the fields at 6am while we were jogging.

Dr. Chungwon Choue is President of the WTF as Janne mentioned.

Miles

Thanks for the info & the clarification on GM Uhm (I was reading something that romanized it "Uoom") as well. Man, I gotta get to Florida in May for GM Ed Sell's seminar w/ GM Park as his guest. GM Park is GM Sell's instructor.

Thanks to all those who contributed.

Latest Discussions