Incomplete Signups

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We recently checked through our members list and found a few incomplete sign ups. So, we shot em the following info:

This is a 1-time only mailing to individuals who have not completed their registration. You should have received an email entitled "Action Required to Activate Membership for MartialTalk.Com! "

In that email is a link that will activate your membership and allow you to post and reply to messages on out forums. You must follow the instructions in that email to activate your membership. If you did not receive an activation e-mail, please let me know and I will activate your account manually for you. I need to know your username and the email address you signed up with. Any account not activated within 30 days of sign up will be removed during routine board maintenance.

Due to a typo in some of the emails, the address to report problems was incorrect.

Please include your account name, e-mail address you signed up with in any correspondence.

Basically, any accounts that aren't verified as legit are removed. So, please, when you sign up, use a valid email account, and follow the validation emails instructions. We want you to be able to participate. :)

Thanks!

G

GouRonin

I think you have to ask why they are incomplete? Was the sign up too difficult? (some people are kinda computer slow...**thinking of slow reminded me of the Renegade**)

Was it too much to have to do and people got bored?

Not a slam of this site at all. just thoughts that maybe we can see what stopped the sign ups or the problem was and trouble shoot.

:D

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good point. I'll have to look thru the form n see what can be tweaked.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, without ideas, this forum wouldn't be working as well as it is. :)

btw - do any of us ever sleep? Seems like we're all always on here. :D

Not complaining mind ya...I love it! :D

G

GouRonin

Actually, I'm at work and often I check this while I'm doing reports and stuff. I leave my connection on so it's always open and it seems like I'm doing nothing else. (I have my boss fooled too)

But really even when i am at home I leave it on so that I don't have to answer the phone which I hate.

Basically I leave it on all the time. I also work weird hours so it makes me seem like I'm always here too. (I'm at work as I type this)

I also want to point out that whenever I refer to the Renegade Datu I will be using this smiley. :erg: Why? Because I can.

G

GouRonin

...because when he sees me next he's gonna %$#@ing kill me!
:eek:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
okies...simplified it a bit. I don't think we are required to be COPPA complient, so I scaled down the options. See if that helps. Basically, to get started, you need a username, a password and a valid email address. Everything else is optional, if in doubt, leave it blank / at defaults and tweak it later. :)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:armed: :samurai: :karate:

okies....heres some "backup" :rofl:

:cheers: I'm just in a weird mood today.

Latest Discussions