I'm having a computer issue and I am going to throw my computer out the window and...

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Personally, I gone through a lot of Atari's, Nintendo's, and a couple of Play Station's through the years. Oh, yeah, 1 IMac too!

I say : DO IT!

What a good, all be it, brief, feeling you'll have!

As fast as our computers become obsolete, and outdated, you'll need a new one soon anyway---LOL!
icon12.gif

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
That's what I would like to do, but I need to get in there to do it.

Well, thanks for everyones help.

My computer is updated, defraged, scanned, Java updated and re-Javaupdated, and firefoxed. I still can't get into pagebuilder, so I have no idea WTF. This pisses me off because that has been an all day project, in between other things.

Oh well. If anyone has any suggestions, cool. But, it looks like I am going to have to try another avenue. Grrr...

Paul

Call your ISP.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Carol Kaur said:
That is one HUGE java app you are trying to load, Paul.

Your IE files are overloaded with remnants of past web pages. Somewhere I wrote down a few tricks that clean out more than just the button on the internet options page. I've seen a few browsers that get snarled running ferociously large java apps because of this. Installing FireFox may help because with a new browser, you won't have had the chance to fill up it's cache files yet ;)

Do a complete spyware scan with Ad-Aware or equivalent (Ad-Aware is the one I swear by) and make sure you have an absolutely up to date definitions file...and be sure to do a full stop/start of the computer. Shut the machine dead off, wait 30 secondes, then start again. Just hitting restart does NOT do the same thing, it does not allow the internal chipsets to drain.

In the mean time, I'll try to dig up my magic tricks. :D

Doh. What I have are some things that may help a Windows 2000 machine, and not effective against Windows XP.

Unless of course....you are running Windows 2000....

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have Windows XP, with plenty of diskspace left. I don't think that size matters.......of the Java program! The JAVA Program I mean...Doh! :erg:

I'll try to fully turn it off and turn it back on again just for fun, but I am pretty sure that won't do anything at this point. I have defraged and scanned for viruses (spyware, adware). And I am pretty sure I cleaned my caches.

I'll have to accept that it's not me, it's her, collect my things, and move out of Geocities for good. ;)

Paul

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
I'll try to fully turn it off and turn it back on again just for fun, but I am pretty sure that won't do anything at this point. I have defraged and scanned for viruses (spyware, adware). And I am pretty sure I cleaned my caches.
Make sure you run your scans in Safe Mode. A lot of malware installs a process that runs in the background and will re-install everything as fast as you remove it.
I'll have to accept that it's not me, it's her, collect my things, and move out of Geocities for good. ;)
That's probably a good decision. Geocities is widely regarded as "the projects" of the Internet. :uhyeah:

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was having problems with pagebuilder on Verizon's site when I was trying to build my personal page.... seems that I had pop-ups blocked and that prevented P/B from loading. Have you checked that pop-ups are enabled?

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
fireman00 said:
I was having problems with pagebuilder on Verizon's site when I was trying to build my personal page.... seems that I had pop-ups blocked and that prevented P/B from loading. Have you checked that pop-ups are enabled?

yup.

Latest Discussions