I’m getting old…and I’m ok with that…. Blog Post

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
As I get older I look to the seasons as a metaphor, I think I am in late summer and autumn is approaching I look forward to it for health becoming more interested in conserving and accumulating vs dispersing, more introverted less extrovert
From a martial perspective less focused on self defense more on peace and relaxing, from a technique perspective less about force more about flow, from a form perspective less about the movement in form more about the stillness in the form.

A famous saying from the Jade emperor classic "it's not the body that one wants to live forever but the mind"

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been contemplating age lately. Given longevity in my family, I'm probably almost halfway through my life. I look back at the first half, and wish I'd worked more and had more fun. Then I realize I still have a half left to do more of both. I'd love to have back my metabolism from 30 and my knees from 16, but I wouldn't trade my wisdom for either or both.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This very moment, as you read these words - is the youngest you will ever be going forward. But right this second, is the oldest you've ever been - until now.

Somebody once told me what all that meant. Had something to do with Grey Goose, I think. Maybe I better go check. Except then I'd be older.

Can't beat father Time. But you sure can raise a toast with him once in a while.

Latest Discussions